Abridged version of my XP install/hardware problem... Please help!!!

BumpSkillz

Solid State Member
Okay, I started a thread before but no one responded, so I am going to assume it was just way too long for anyone to want to read... I'll try again here with a very short version of my problem...

My computer would reboot by itself, randomly. I changed the PSU... still happened. I figured it was the hard drive. (judging by the louder-than-usual spinning sound I would hear for a couple of minutes after startup) So I took the hard drive out and used my second one to reinstall windows.

Problem is, it won't install. I have THREE XP disks, and they all exhibit the same problems. Install freezes, several blue screens of death, etc. According to the MS website, all of the blue screen messages seem to stem from a hardware problem. Yet, my hardware is the same as it's always been.

I tried my RAM in another computer: worked fine. I tried two different, working HD's for install: both had the same issues. Tried anoter video card: still problems. Cleaned out CPU heatsink fins and all fans: still problems.

What does it sound like to you guys? I'm ready to buy a new mobo and processor just because they are the only things left!

Any ideas? I'd like to get some opinions on this as soon as possible so that if I can not figure out the problem I can go ahead and just order a new mobo and PSU tonight. I can't go too long without this computer because I do a lot of work with it. Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom