Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
Beta Member

Cool About to upgrade, and need some help on this one simple part of installation.

Hello, Its great to be on the fourms, i've been browsing for a while and its time i registered.

Im about to upgrade to a XFX nforce 680i sli motherboard, Im currently using one of those Nzxt Hush cases.

What my prob is that I was looking at the motherboard its self but i dont see any Inputs for the Power buttons, Restart buttons, Or for the Blue LED lights (thats outside of the case) Im just wondering if they carry them or would i have to go find something else.

Im talkin about the 2 Pin inputs that u just plug in to turn on power and get the Led light working. Does anyone know if the motherboard carries them or all motherboard's carry them?

Heres what im looking to buy - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...3&body=REVIEWS

Some closer looks of the mobo (So you can point out to me wheres the 2 Pin Inputs for the power button,retart,and Led light) - http://www.overclockersclub.com/revi...x_680_lt/3.htm

Thanks!

Retromoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: About to upgrade, and need some help on this one simple part of installation.

They will be on the Mobo somewhere.

And these connectors are usually on the bottom right hand side of the Mobo.

I tried downloading the manual so I could show you in detail but I couldn't get their site.

EDIT:

Got it wrong.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
Golden Master

Default Re: About to upgrade, and need some help on this one simple part of installation.

Here they are:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_

actually worshipme i think those might be USB. the ones on the other side of the mobo are the ones ur lookin for
Old 05-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #5
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

It's not the best pic, but here ya go:

The pins you are looking for are next to the memory slots. They are number "7" in the pic.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Yeah, all motherboards have them, just check the manual and it will tell you where they are.

My old Asus motherboard was really cool, it had a piece that you plugged all the connectors into and then pushed it down over the pins on the motherboard, it allowed you to get the pins in the right places up out of the case where you could see what you were doing.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Asus have started using that system recently too, it is indeed a better system imo.
E8600@ 4.25GHz, 1.325V | Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Scythe Slipstream 120 | Asus Rampage Extreme| 4GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 6-7-6-24| ASUS 9800GTX| Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW | 320GB + 500GB WD SATAII | Antec True Power Trio 650W | Thermaltake Sonata | Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 Ultimate
A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #8
Beta Member

Thanks!!!!

One more thing,

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/cpu2.php?idx=151&disc=

will this operate properly on the quad core?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #9
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

It would work, but I would go with something a little better if your going to be buying a different heatsink. That and I hate push pins.

I have this heatsink, had a really nice mounting system, and performs pretty well. They also make a 120MM version as well.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/72...l?tl=g40c14s52
Cabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #10
Beta Member

Yeah but im more of a quiet computing guy, i seriously dont wanna hear my Cpu make a sound, Btw a 500W PSU could do the Job for this new setup correct? I believe thats enough right

Im plannin on getting a Antec phantom 500W wonder if it can do the job

what ill be running

motherboard + processor+ 2 Dvd drives+ 500GB HD+ Nvida 8600gts+ Soundblaster card

bump^^