Abit Motherboards?

crazyman143

Fully Optimized
Has anybody used a motherboard made by Abit? I need to replace a motherboard in an older pc for someone with an am2 processor. ebay isn't giving as many options as I'd expect. I'm looking at an Abit board but I've never used one and honestly haven't heard of them. Any good?

They was pretty good WAY back in the day... Talking 2000-2004ish... After that they just went down hill, they don't exist anymore, and I wouldn't recommend any of the old boards they made honestly.

Since my 386 days I've seen a lot of Abits. Also a lot of PcChips, remember them?

I don't miss 'em. :rolleyes:

I remember Abit. I don't remember them being anything spectacular.

If I am not mistaken, kingpin, or one of the other well know overclockers used to use Abit exclusively, and got some really nice results... It's just, Abit decided to start having ECS make components (not a bad company). And that struck a nerve with people. Plus, I think they had got caught doing something illegally with money... Way too young back then to honestly remember.

Well, I think I may have found an Asus board that will work for my needs. I think I'd feel better with an Asus over the Abit. Thanks for the feedback.

I remember Abit boards quite well. They used to be pretty popular. I ran one in question for about 3 years before upgrading. It was still running when I retired it. Now days I usually go with ASUS. Good solid hardware! :)

Back
Top Bottom