ABIT AW9D-MAX capable of 4G on air

ownage

Fully Optimized
1_10.JPG

a shot of the blue LEDs on the bottom of the board:
1_23.JPG

5.gif

I hereby take NO credit for the pictures above. All the pictures above should be credited to Coolaler @ www.xtremesystems.org

You sure love that board don't you? :p It's nice, but I'm not into the I/O port lacking enthusiast boards.

yes, i do love this board. There's nothing important missing from the I/O ports, at least important for me :p There are your usualy dual gigabit ethernets, PS2 ports, eSATA port, and the standard 4 USB ports. The serial ports are useless. So might as well get rid of them.

that dont look good!!. See how the motherboard is scewed on the 4 sides but there is no center to hold the weight. Those video cards heatsinks look like they weigh a few pounds + the heatsink for the cpu. I trying put my old motherboard like that (K5 450MHZ) with a big heatsink and a video card with a heavy heatsink and a few days the board sinked in the middle, The side of the motherboard look like this

thats why you only leave it there for benching periods. And you take it off. Its not built for being there 24/7, thats why it bends.

ownage said:
yes, i do love this board. There's nothing important missing from the I/O ports, at least important for me :p There are your usualy dual gigabit ethernets, PS2 ports, eSATA port, and the standard 4 USB ports. The serial ports are useless. So might as well get rid of them.

Eh. I prefer more I/O ports, more connectivity the better if you ask me. If course, some will disagree. It really depends on the person. ;)

X1337 said:
that dont look good!!. See how the motherboard is scewed on the 4 sides but there is no center to hold the weight. Those video cards heatsinks look like they weigh a few pounds + the heatsink for the cpu. I trying put my old motherboard like that (K5 450MHZ) with a big heatsink and a video card with a heavy heatsink and a few days the board sinked in the middle, The side of the motherboard look like this

Yeah, those are testing stations. That's why they don't have them in cases or anything. Imagine benchmarking a series of motherboards and having to constantly mount them in and out of a case. Pretty irritating, isn't it? Unless you're like SPCR who like to test noise and such things, mounting in cases to benchmark isn't practical.

ownage said:
thats why you only leave it there for benching periods. And you take it off. Its not built for being there 24/7, thats why it bends.
X1337 said:
EDIT: Ownage Rep+ for you :) . DAM "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ownage again."
I though it was there case.. Anyways, That is a good overclock for that CPU. Im about to overclock my AMD 64 2800+ with the ASUS K8V Deluxe I got for 40 Dollors

alvino said:
Yeah, those are testing stations. That's why they don't have them in cases or anything. Imagine benchmarking a series of motherboards and having to constantly mount them in and out of a case. Pretty irritating, isn't it? Unless you're like SPCR who like to test noise and such things, mounting in cases to benchmark isn't practical.
Yea. If I ever got a system like that. I would never have it like that

And dont forget the blue LEDs that are on the back. Its gonna be a great board, and couple that with blue anti-freeze, and white CCFLs. :D

Back
Top Bottom