a64: 3000/3200 ?

badninja3

Daemon Poster
which is better for the money? im going to eventually buy a replacement, but for the money, which has better performance? obviously the 3200+ is faster, but is the performance gain worth the extra $30?

also, which oc's better?

edit--
forgot the links. oops, and i forgot to mention that this is am2 that im talking about.

anyway,
a64 3000+
a64 3200+

TRDCorolla said:
It's only $30 more. To me, I would pay the difference to get the 3200+, but only if you can afford it. Otherwise, no.
i can afford it, but im just gonna replace it in probably less than a year anyway.

im just waiting for amd's anit-conroe "secret weapon."

Well, if I know I'll be replacing it, I'll just get whatever's cheaper. Both of those CPU's are exactly the same with one being higher clocked. You can OC the 3000+ plus anyways if you want to.

alright cool. thanks. it really helps to hear somebody else's opinion. im always second guessing myself.

Those CPU's perform the same way anyways. No big deal there. I'm still stuck on the ancient Newcastle Core. Can you believe that? But it's still ticking until my next upgrade.

TRDCorolla said:
Those CPU's perform the same way anyways. No big deal there. I'm still stuck on the ancient Newcastle Core. Can you believe that? But it's still ticking until my next upgrade.
u think that is old? im still pushing an athlonXP stock @ 1.7ghz with 512mb pc2100 ram and 32mb geforce2 onboard video.

lol. Until I got the system in my sig, I was using a Pentium2 Deschutes @ 300mhz with 384mb PC66 ram and 64mb geforce2. :) I NEEDED this upgrade...

MikeReiner said:
lol. Until I got the system in my sig, I was using a Pentium2 Deschutes @ 300mhz with 384mb PC66 ram and 64mb geforce2. :) I NEEDED this upgrade...
geeze. well, my system is getting to be as old as ur was. so a kinda similar situation.

badninja3 said:
geeze. well, my system is getting to be as old as ur was. so a kinda similar situation.

.....heh...other than the video... your system is a dream compared to my old one. Imagine getting 10 fps in cs 1.6. Nine year old computer.

Back
Top Bottom