Just looking some stuff up and came up with this link. Didn't follow the link trail to the source but I know i've seen similar stuff on some other sites. This card on paper looks to own! ETA November!!! Just in time for Xmas
By November 2007 the GeForce 9800 GTX will be released.
The codename for the chip will be "G92" and NOT "G90" as previously expected.
I got the following data from an NVIDIA insider.
"G92" NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX Specs:
- 65nm process technology at TSMC.
- Over one billion transistors.
- Second Generation "Unified Shader Architecture".
- Double Precision support (FP64).
- Improved Anti-Aliasing and AF.
- Native GPGPU design (under the "CUDA 2" program).
- Over one TeraFLOP of shader processing power.
- MADD+ADD Shader Units (2+1 =3 FLOPs) per shader Operation.
- 512-bit Memory Inteface.
- 1024MB GDDR4 of Graphics Memory.
- DirectX 10.1 Support
- OpenGL 3.0 Support
PROS : 65nm allows for the GeForce 9800 GTX to be cheaper to produce and keep the chip cooler. Power Consumption will be LOWER than that of a GeForce 8800 GTX/Ultra
GeForce 9800 GTX will be over two times faster than a GeForce 8800 Ultra in real world benchmarks and games.
price for GeForce 9800 GTX will be somewhere in the 549-649 USD range.
semp- while these specs are unconfirmed this info does match up to other sources and information coming in.
There will be 2 SKUs at launch : the 9800 GTX and a 9800 GTS.
both will be released a little before Xmas on November 2007.