9700 Zalman review+ Instal tips

You gotta see how far you can overclock that thing man. :)

Mine's running without a hitch at 3 GHz holding 45C, but I forgot to mention this is with the CPU fan turned down to 1500 RPM. The max is around 2500, brings the temperature down a few degrees.

freestyler105 said:
You gotta see how far you can overclock that thing man. :)

Mine's running without a hitch at 3 GHz holding 45C, but I forgot to mention this is with the CPU fan turned down to 1500 RPM. The max is around 2500, brings the temperature down a few degrees.

I'll be overclocking soon! I've been in the hunt trying to get rid of this freaking WERbb39.dir00\Mini030607-02.dmp & WERbb39.dir00\sysdata.xml error. Seems like I'll get right into the middle of a game and it locks up and resets. 81 drivers to search and i've gotta find the conflict. 45C thats a nice temp! I've got my Qfan diasabled and just keep mine running 2800rpm. And its still quiter than my case fan!

h25520062 said:
I get those temps with my stock cooler do you think that after market will be even more cooler?

What type of case are you using? Also have you updated your bios? Before I updated my bios my CPU temps recorded around 23C-25C. My guess it wasn't monitoring the other core or something. When I updated my bios to the newest version with a updated list of cpu's my temps went up! My only explanation is when it updated the new list of cpu's it included updated temp monitor software so I was getting a incorrect reading.

If your bios is current then you have a very cool stock running system! I wouldn't see a reason why it wouldn't cool it down even more. The fans alot larger and its solid copper. Yes you should see a decrease in temps.

MattieDaShark83 said:
What type of case are you using? Also have you updated your bios? Before I updated my bios my CPU temps recorded around 23C-25C. My guess it wasn't monitoring the other core or something. When I updated my bios to the newest version with a updated list of cpu's my temps went up! My only explanation is when it updated the new list of cpu's it included updated temp monitor software so I was getting a incorrect reading.

If your bios is current then you have a very cool stock running system! I wouldn't see a reason why it wouldn't cool it down even more. The fans alot larger and its solid copper. Yes you should see a decrease in temps.
well I have kind of an old CPU its a Athlon 3800+ and I did update my bios. Also I have this case http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...t_code=342471&Pn=Elite_330_ATX_Mid_Tower_Case.
I think im might get that cooler and over clock this babe ;) Thanks alot!

Hey no problem. You temp difference is probally just in the processor. I thought you meant you had a core2duo also. I'm not familiar with AMD's temp spec's but you should notice a nice drop in temp. The install may be a tiny bit different for a AMD system. I know there is a included clip thats a bit larger than the one for the intel. Then it has a another small clip that clips to it to hold it down. Everything else should be the same just not the clip mounting process.

lol my fan is backwards and its keepin my CPU at 46. It's been OC'ed from 2.4 to 2.85.

i do have to thank you for making this, i never would have noticed it was on wrong.

celegorm said:
lol my fan is backwards and its keepin my CPU at 46. It's been OC'ed from 2.4 to 2.85.

i do have to thank you for making this, i never would have noticed it was on wrong.

LOL that may cause a problem with cooling! Glad my post helped you out. :p
You'll have to post back on your new temps after you get it pointed back in the correct direction ;)

Back
Top Bottom