Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #11
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: 9700 Zalman review+ Instal tips

Tests were run on my E6600 freestyler. Also celegorm i've edited the top of the post to let people know the same instructions apply for the 9500
__________________

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #12
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: 9700 Zalman review+ Instal tips

You gotta see how far you can overclock that thing man.

Mine's running without a hitch at 3 GHz holding 45C, but I forgot to mention this is with the CPU fan turned down to 1500 RPM. The max is around 2500, brings the temperature down a few degrees.
__________________

__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:32 PM   #13
Daemon Poster
 
Anubis1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,308
Send a message via MSN to Anubis1980 Send a message via Yahoo to Anubis1980
Default Re: 9700 Zalman review+ Instal tips

They seem to overclock really well dont they! So not fair lol
__________________
Intel C2D E6750 (1333fsb) 2.66 @3.5ghz |EVGA 680i SLI Mobo | 2GB Twin XMS ddr800 @ 875 | Leadtek 7950 GX2 Core@601 Mem@1600
500GB IBM/HITACHI Sata2 7200/16MB | 160GB 7200rpm 8mb UDMA133 Maxtor | XION 600w dual 12v 44A total SLI PSU | X-fi Xtreme Music | 22" Widescreen Acer LCD
Anubis1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #14
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: 9700 Zalman review+ Instal tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105
You gotta see how far you can overclock that thing man.

Mine's running without a hitch at 3 GHz holding 45C, but I forgot to mention this is with the CPU fan turned down to 1500 RPM. The max is around 2500, brings the temperature down a few degrees.
I'll be overclocking soon! I've been in the hunt trying to get rid of this freaking WERbb39.dir00\Mini030607-02.dmp & WERbb39.dir00\sysdata.xml error. Seems like I'll get right into the middle of a game and it locks up and resets. 81 drivers to search and i've gotta find the conflict. 45C thats a nice temp! I've got my Qfan diasabled and just keep mine running 2800rpm. And its still quiter than my case fan!
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #15
In Runtime
 
h25520062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 418
Send a message via AIM to h25520062 Send a message via MSN to h25520062 Send a message via Yahoo to h25520062
Default Re: 9700 Zalman review+ Instal tips

I get those temps with my stock cooler do you think that after market will be even more cooler?
h25520062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #16
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: 9700 Zalman review+ Instal tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by h25520062
I get those temps with my stock cooler do you think that after market will be even more cooler?
What type of case are you using? Also have you updated your bios? Before I updated my bios my CPU temps recorded around 23C-25C. My guess it wasn't monitoring the other core or something. When I updated my bios to the newest version with a updated list of cpu's my temps went up! My only explanation is when it updated the new list of cpu's it included updated temp monitor software so I was getting a incorrect reading.

If your bios is current then you have a very cool stock running system! I wouldn't see a reason why it wouldn't cool it down even more. The fans alot larger and its solid copper. Yes you should see a decrease in temps.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:32 PM   #17
In Runtime
 
h25520062's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 418
Send a message via AIM to h25520062 Send a message via MSN to h25520062 Send a message via Yahoo to h25520062
Default Re: 9700 Zalman review+ Instal tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieDaShark83
What type of case are you using? Also have you updated your bios? Before I updated my bios my CPU temps recorded around 23C-25C. My guess it wasn't monitoring the other core or something. When I updated my bios to the newest version with a updated list of cpu's my temps went up! My only explanation is when it updated the new list of cpu's it included updated temp monitor software so I was getting a incorrect reading.

If your bios is current then you have a very cool stock running system! I wouldn't see a reason why it wouldn't cool it down even more. The fans alot larger and its solid copper. Yes you should see a decrease in temps.
well I have kind of an old CPU its a Athlon 3800+ and I did update my bios. Also I have this case http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...Mid_Tower_Case.
I think im might get that cooler and over clock this babe Thanks alot!
h25520062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:01 PM   #18
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: 9700 Zalman review+ Instal tips

Hey no problem. You temp difference is probally just in the processor. I thought you meant you had a core2duo also. I'm not familiar with AMD's temp spec's but you should notice a nice drop in temp. The install may be a tiny bit different for a AMD system. I know there is a included clip thats a bit larger than the one for the intel. Then it has a another small clip that clips to it to hold it down. Everything else should be the same just not the clip mounting process.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:48 PM   #19
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: 9700 Zalman review+ Instal tips

lol my fan is backwards and its keepin my CPU at 46. It's been OC'ed from 2.4 to 2.85.

i do have to thank you for making this, i never would have noticed it was on wrong.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:39 PM   #20
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: 9700 Zalman review+ Instal tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm
lol my fan is backwards and its keepin my CPU at 46. It's been OC'ed from 2.4 to 2.85.

i do have to thank you for making this, i never would have noticed it was on wrong.
LOL that may cause a problem with cooling! Glad my post helped you out.
You'll have to post back on your new temps after you get it pointed back in the correct direction
__________________

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0