8800gts or GTX

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hey fellas I need some feedback as to which one should I get. An 8800 GTS OC2 OVERCLOCKED, 580MHz core clock, Shader Clock: 1350MHz , Memory Clock: 1700MHz is going for $520 Canadian. 640MB

A BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC nVidia GeForce 8800GTX Chipset 600MHz core Clock shader clock: 1400MHz, memory clock: 1800MHz for $743 Canadian. 768MB.

The only REAl difference I see is 640MB vs 768MB. The clocks are VERY close. I dont know how much of a difference will there be in terms of gaming performance. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

well right now your not ganna notice any thing and in the futcher very minimal

Go with the gtx they will please you trust me, although the specs aren't much to diffrent, it will still improve your grahpics performance

Not only you have more pixels per clock, but so do you have more Piexel pipelines :)

The GTX series offers a relatibly fast gaming environement. The GTS is also very fast, but not as fast as the GTX. It depends on what you want to do.

Apparantly the GTS is about the same speed as my card, or lil bit faster. Seen a few benchmarks. Way ahead tho is the GTX.

I have the GTS and love it. It out does any SLI setup i've thrown it against. I havn't used a GTX personally, but for gamming a GTS does great. Like they say above tho, if you have the extra money, get the GTX.

Back
Top Bottom