8600GTS Quickie...

Remeniz

Fully Optimized
Just brought one of these and i've gotta say...

..i've never seen high FPS like this:D

The only thing is the Graphics Card HSF. When I first turn the machine on the fan is like at full speed then it slows right down till I can't hear it. In fact I had to slide the side panel of my PC to check that the fan was still running.

Is this normal?

Its like that with mine and my temps are fine. but when I try to oc, I'm crashing before alot of other people do. I don't know if there is a way to make this fan run faster or not.

And grats on the card. I still have alot of tweaking to do to mine. Who makes the gpu?

Thanks. Just monitored the temps and i'm hitting 60C while playing a super smooth PKR.

It's an nVIDIA card so I assume they make the GPU.

Just nearly tripled my old 3D Benchmark score. I'm trying to use RivaTuner to work out my FPS.

EDIT:

It's a GeForce Card.

60*=more than fine

Ya Rivatuner doesnt support 64bit home premium :(

I thought Nvidia quit making gpus and just made chips. Anyways, I just wanted to know what kind of software you had and if it had a stress test. Because my msi software doesn't. If anyone knows of like a prime95 for gpu let me know.

This is weird.

I've just ran Prime 95 and it ran without an error on the Blend stress test. This is after installing my new Graphics Card.

With the old card Prime 95 produced an error after 30 sec's during a Blend stress test.

It's a shame you can't use RivaTuner. I think it has settings to adjust the GPU fan speed.

That's completely normal for the fan to spin fast at boot then settle down after Windows starts. The fan is temperature controlled and the software doesn't start up until Windows does. It should spin up fast while playing games or running a stress test like Prime 95.

If you want to control the fan speeds, try downloading either NVIDIA nTune or SpeedFan 4.34.

That's completely normal for the fan to spin fast at boot then settle down after Windows starts. The fan is temperature controlled and the software doesn't start up until Windows does. It should spin up fast while playing games or running a stress test like Prime 95.

If you want to control the fan speeds, try downloading either NVIDIA nTune or SpeedFan 4.34.

Thanks for that.

Not that I want to control the speed of the fan.

Is there any free games you recommend that will test the card to the max?

Also can anyone tell me what App. I need to measure my FPS? I got a previous reading from RivaTuner but I cant remember how I did this.

Back
Top Bottom