an $800 computer

You can hang back a bit on the other parts if you just want a great gaming rig. Spend most of your money getting a good cpu/mobo/graphics card, and you should be set. Try getting at least 1gb of ram.

hey man get at least a 100 dollar powersupply...this way it wont burn out after 2 months and screw up ur new build.

also dude get a 7900co...theyre 300 dollars i nkow but far better then a 7600gt...7600gt's r nice but 7900's own :D

7900's are 2x the price of 7600gt's. but i dont think they're 2x better. u kno wat i mean? plus, im coming from a geForce2 onboard 32mb-memory onboard video. so i think a 7600 will more than satisfy my visual needs.

and $100 power supply?!?! thats alot of money. is it really necessary? or can i use the case psu for a few months(maybe a year) while my wallet fattens up again :D but even then, if im not oc'ing is it really that big of a deal?

perfectSK: so are there any modifications or changes or suggestions to what i have posted as my future rig?

looks like a nice rig.. i bought the 3800x2 when it came out, i really regret that now lol. and yeah, i would really recommend a powersupply that is atleast 50 dollars +... 30 dollars you might as well stick with the case powersupply.

well yeh maybe a 50-75 dollar PSU (power supply unit)...but ne ways...yeh the 7600gt will keep u going fine...but im just saying teh 7900 has twice as many pixel piplines...256 bit over the 7600gt's 128 bit (makes the 7900 a lot faster)...but the 7600gt will do u great :D

for $800 you should be able to get a really nice rig.Id sugest you make sure most of that money goes to 2g ram cards and dual core processor.Dont worry about spending way to much money on memory. Some people have almost a terabite of hardrive memory but use none of that. 60 will do you fine but you should go ahead and bump it to about 250. Cases, get a cool one,but dont spend more than $75 on it.Some of that money should also go to a nice mouse and keyboard.Maybe both wireless.

badninja3 said:
okay, so i have/will have $800 soon or more if i wait. and i was planning on getting a new computer, going custom built. now i was hoping for it to be high-end for a year or 2. i dont know if im going am2 or 939. probably not intel.

in this budget, i will need:
video card (considering 7600gt)
cpu (considering x2)
mobo (maybe sli for expandability)
case (eh, just leave $60 out of the budget for it)
ram (1 or 2 gb will be good)
hdd
cooling (air)
and anything else that i might have forgotten

no monitor.

thanks guys. i will probably start building in a week or two.
MSI 7600gt
3500+
whatever
RAIDMAX X1
1gb value series -corsair (sp)
120gb hatachi
case
looks fine for semi budget

Back
Top Bottom