7950GX overclocking?

lhuser said:
The only major part I see on a 7950GX, is the memory (1GB)

Yeah, well that's because it's basically two 7900 GTX's slapped together as "one card".

gh0st09 said:
Well, it's not really specifically for a 7950 but its their Koosah SLi block for a 7800/7900, they work for a 7950. But they wouldn't fit so I took bigger spacers to put between the two pcbs. And it's not part of my rig, i just buy parts to test them, and if I like them, I keep them and add them to my rig. I'm not keeping it because its not as good as my 7900gtx and i'd like my 600 bucks back. If it had given me better frame rates I would have kept it. And I dont have a camera.

Yeah, well it's not that great if you're going to run it on a normal 19" monitor. This card and the whole Quad SLI idea is for either large widescreen displays at high resolutions or dual-monitor setups on high resolution.

I suppose its good if you upgrading from an older card and want dual GPUs. Although it doesn't give impressive frame rates, but I will say if you have a tv tuner this card and the right display a picture that rivals most HDTV's.

The 7950GTX is just two 7900GT(X)s put together. You will need to mod the BIOS to allow more voltage to the core for higher clock speeds.

Back
Top Bottom