512mb PC-2700 ram
SB LIVE! 7.1 sound card
500w Aspire Alien-X PSU with led fans
case fan with LED lights
DVD-ROM
CD-RW
160gb WD HD 7200RPM
X-BLADE custom gaming case (black)

are my specs right now, if i changed tehm to this, would i be limiting the 7800gtx? or is my cpu fast enough?

AMD 64 3000+ @ 2.4ghz
Neo 4 Platinum SLI mobo
MSI 7800GTX
1gb corsair twinx (2x512mb)
SB LIVE! 7.1 sound card
500w Aspire Alien-X PSU with led fans
case fan with LED lights
DVD-ROM
CD-RW
160gb WD HD 7200RPM
X-BLADE custom gaming case (black)

TO EVEN SEE NOT THE FULL POTENTIAL of the geforce 7800 you'd need a top of DE LINE CPU. That GPUf rom what I hear NO cpu out today can handle it at max. From what I hear. So I'd get a better cpu. But with that kinda system only thing you'll be updating is your CPU maybe ram in a few years.

The 3000+ might be limiting a bit, but just wait for AMD's processors to get cheaper, then buy a top-of-the-line processor.

nickbuddy111 said:
doesnt darkblade have two 7800's?

Indeed I do. Why? I have a 4800+, it doesnt limit it. The 3000+ would limit it a bit MoneyMan, I would upgrade the CPU to the 3800+ or better first.

If he has the money....don't forget that all of us here aren't like you...we don't always have the moolah to buy things like that...(very nice things though :D)

alvino said:
If he has the money....don't forget that all of us here aren't like you...we don't always have the moolah to buy things like that...(very nice things though :D)

Who said I told him to get it? Stop pointing out my money please! I DO NOT APPRECIATE IT ANYMORE. TREAT ME AS AN EQUAL. THANK YOU.

Money_Man, you are free to get a 7800GTX, it will not underperform with an OCed 3000+ at 2.4GHz, trust me, go ahead and get the 7800GTX if you have saved that much, but you desperately need better RAM first.

oh i'd be getting the 1gb corsair twinx that i put in the secnod list. i would be buying the 7800gtx and the 1gb corsair at the same time. im pretty sure i know the answer ot this but with the 1gb corsair and my 3000+ @ 2.4 and a 7800gtx would i be able to play all games out with highest settings?

>EDIT<

trying to see benchmarks with a 3000+ and a 7800gtx were unsuccessful. stupid rich review sites and their FX-55 and FX-57 cpus. BTW if i do upgrade my CPU it'll be to a 4400+ or something, not another single CPU

>EDIT #2< ok i know this is going to sound extremely childish but my step-brother jsut got his mom (who always said if u want a computer pay for it) to buy him a computer with a 6800gt in it. so it doesnt matter now im buying the 7800gtx because theres no way that lil pooper is goign to beat my computer by using his mom

LMAO! go Money_Man! Yeah, that setup will work perfectly with the 7800GTX. Your processor is OCed enough to compensate. You won't have a problem running ANY game.

Back
Top Bottom