7800GT vs. 6800 ultra

TibsBeatAll

Daemon Poster
i can get a 6800 ultra for 260 USD

i can also get a 7800 GT (not the GTX) for 325 USD.

which one do you guys think i should get??? Both are very tempting.

What do you think is better bang for buck?

He's probably got connections in nVIDIA. I would go with the 6800 Ultra. It's cheap, performs relatively nicely, and gives you breathing room when it's time to upgrade.

hmm this is a hard one. Maybe toss a coin? Well I'd prolly take the 6800 ultra since it is cheaper and still performs great, but if u can spend the money u could get the 7800GT since it's better.

No, with 24 pipelines, you'll see the difference. Trust me. 24 is the new 16. For the money, and the prices that you have, 7800.

I would rather just get the GTX. Or wait for the R580 to come out! Haha, you'll have one hell of a card then! :D

jac006 said:
No, with 24 pipelines, you'll see the difference. Trust me. 24 is the new 16. For the money, and the prices that you have, 7800.

I thought the 7800GT only has 20 pipelines? I haven't heard of anyone being able to unlock the extra four? I might be wrong, but I'm sure the GT version only has 20....

And get the GT version, it's more future proof, and someone will eventually unlock the extra four piplines....juts a matter of time :)

They are coming down in price. I figured that if you want a 7800 series card, might as well just go all the way and buy the best in it's series like the 7800GTX instead of the GT version.

Back
Top Bottom