7750 Quick cpu cooler suggestion

Hmm. Tech, you're at completely stock clocks? I had a Q6600 @ 3.2 and it never went over 40C load in my computer. Be sure to make your Thermal compound is properly spread and isn't...solid. Also, check your bios out and see if the voltage on the core is above what it should be. my Q6600 ran at 1.28-1.29 stock I believe; it's been awhile so I can't fully remember, but try setting your voltage to 1.29.

my mobo sucks, i got it out of my old hp from 2008 so it doesnt let me do anything, bios is closed. Im ordering a new board this week though and a new cooler, what cooler are you using btw ?

I cant keep this chip cool with the stock cooler Current Settings: 1.4375vcore 15x 3010ghz. i get 36C idle temp, 64C prime95 6 hour avg load temp. Would this work: XIGMATEK Dark Knight

Whats the temp difference that i should expect to see?

Thanks guys

It looks like an excessively good cooler! We should suggest that to Cabbs as it might add to his title as the Honourary Heatsink Whore. 89.45CFM is an excellent amount of airflow and you should expect to see temperatures around the low to mid 40's under load. I have never used any AMD processors (other than the "here and there" computers that I use if my main computer is out of order; like now.) So I can't quite say fully how it will react, but I'd say go for it as it looks great!

hah. Nothing important I should say. ThermalTake's 775D cooler. A decent fan on a pretty well designed (and good looking) base that puts through 41.76 ( I think) cubic feet per minute.

It looks like an excessively good cooler! We should suggest that to Cabbs as it might add to his title as the Honourary Heatsink Whore. 89.45CFM is an excellent amount of airflow and you should expect to see temperatures around the low to mid 40's under load. I have never used any AMD processors (other than the "here and there" computers that I use if my main computer is out of order; like now.) So I can't quite say fully how it will react, but I'd say go for it as it looks great!

hah. Nothing important I should say. ThermalTake's 775D cooler. A decent fan on a pretty well designed (and good looking) base that puts through 41.76 ( I think) cubic feet per minute.

too late he has the sometimes better TRUE

Thank you for the reply... What i am thinking is that my chip is more sensitive to heat than maybe other kuma's or procs and it needs to stay in a 55C-63C range to be stable.. ill just go with the dark night and see what happens

i shouldve just gone with the phenom II x3.. ahh

yeah the x3 was in my price range but when i compared the price vs performance ratio between the kuma and x3, the kuma just cant be beaten.. e.g:

My Kuma was $60 free shipping
A phenom II x3 is $140 free shipping

it just made sense to me to invest in a kuma for now and buy a phenom II X4 in the future. But buying the dark night just to get another 200mhz from my kuma just seems a waste to me.. but i guess i could use the cpu cooler for my next processor?? idk

Back
Top Bottom