775 heatsink fitting

Kage

Golden Master
I need help guys...

I'm trying to fit a prcoessor socket 775 Zalman 9700 to my retention system in my motherboard.

Now, is it normal that one side of the bracket (the s type as its called) should take much more pressure to push down to screw in than the other side once you have screwed one screw in slightly? The other side goes in easily, and the other side won't.
It takes force, and at one point, the other side unbolted since i only put it in a little way, and threw ther screw out :(

I'm seriously stuck, and getting stressed out, for I feel I'm going to break all this somehow

ok i know how you feel, first off go outside and cool down, when you get all frustrated you use more strength than you want, i ended up breaking my fan on my cooler that way, nothing glue wont fix just havent gotten around to it.

look up insturctions on the zalman site, they should give you pics too. also i search for a thread that should help :)

EDIT:
super hero mattiedashark to the rescue with another great guide
http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=52510&highlight=zalman+9700+installation

I managed to do it, thanks :) The fact I knew I could place pressure on it helped. You've helped an awful lot there
+ 1

I will do. I can't give you rep anyway :p I need to spread it apparently...

I'm now having a problem with the hard drive caddy. Haha, theres no space for the screws when in the middle, so in the fan deadzone :|

Anyways, I'll sort the rest out

I fitted mine 2 days ago and ur right OMG the flying screw nearly took my eye out lol, didnt help id lost the original screws that came with it so i had ot make do with diff ones.

Yeah, got it fitted with some force mind, adn it doesn't move about on top of the CPU so thats a good sign. I'm just hoping I put enough, and not too much thermal paste on. I just drew a line and let the heatsink do the rest.

My case is not clean... The amount of power cables routing through it. I'll be surprised when I turn it on, if theres no air flow at all!

Just the sound card to fit now, and then I can power up and test if it all works :)

I wish i could sort the cables out, but I don't think I can

Mine moves about on the cpu, it did as well on the amd, doesnt seem to fit very well, the temps seem fine though considering its clocked to 3.5.

And yeah my cables r awful inside, some r too short to move around out of the way i just give up.

I bet you £10, my systems messier than yours... honestly :p

I'll post pics after I've built it

Ha mines a bit tidier now ive rebuilt it,but it cud do with some proper cleanign and the stupid cathode tubes wont stay stuck on grrr need to find some way of sticking it back on permanently.

Back
Top Bottom