7600GT Temps?

hey i also have a question sry for jacking your thread but one time after a longgggg time like 4 hours of gaming my whole screen went blue and white....could that have been just wayyyy overheating?

Woo, that's a little bit on the high side. I think there was another member on here that had a 6800 video card with high temps too. Maybe they're suppose to run that high? Not sure on that. All the cards I've owned in the past has always been around 40's-50's celsius range. It shoots up to crazy 70's, 80's for games.

I wonder if the ambient temp from within your case is warm? That will affect your GPU temps too. Then again, you're still within safe temperature range.

Xiggy said:
hey i also have a question sry for jacking your thread but one time after a longgggg time like 4 hours of gaming my whole screen went blue and white....could that have been just wayyyy overheating?

Yeah probably, if it does it on more than one occasion then if might be getting too hot and it cant handle it, or it could have just been a fluke....

Also, just played Far Cry for about 15 minutes or so and temps didnt go much about 75c, so im happy, but i will work on one of those PCI things, BTW the water on Far Cry is amazing lol

Matt

TRDCorolla said:
Woo, that's a little bit on the high side. I think there was another member on here that had a 6800 video card with high temps too. Maybe they're suppose to run that high? Not sure on that. All the cards I've owned in the past has always been around 40's-50's celsius range. It shoots up to crazy 70's, 80's for games.

I wonder if the ambient temp from within your case is warm? That will affect your GPU temps too. Then again, you're still within safe temperature range.
Well my ambient pc temp is 43c. I know it is safe but I want my parts to last as long as possible. btw TRD I pm'd you.

Yeah that should do. Luckily my brand had a nice copper heatsink and good fan on the card, but I like to have things as cool as possible.

Hey,

Just a followup, i found that my temps were only high because of the weather...it's finally cooled down now and the GPU is idling at about 48c and about 65-70c on load, which is down about 10c from when the outside temp was hotter, although i still will get some more cooling, just thought i'd let you guys know..

Matt

I wont read this thread since i'm tired, but on topic i'll say that my 7600GT idles at 46C and about 65C load. The fan runs at 10% speed when out of game, and 65% while in game.

MikeReiner said:
I wont read this thread since i'm tired, but on topic i'll say that my 7600GT idles at 46C and about 65C load. The fan runs at 10% speed when out of game, and 65% while in game.

How do you know what % the fan is running at?

Matt

Mattyl110792 said:
How do you know what % the fan is running at?

Matt

Download rivatuner. If you want to, rivatuner allows you to make the fan run at 100% constantly, that will definatly help with temps. Did for for me, lowered them by 5c.

Back
Top Bottom