7200Go enough for Windows Vista?

G9

Daemon Poster
I'm thinking of getting the HP DV2000t laptop... 2.0ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 5400RPM HDD... is the 256MB NVIDIA 7200Go an adequate graphics card to run Windows Vista Home Premium without any lag on part of interface animation (including Aero) and widgets?

Got it.

I've been looking for reviews for this laptop (loaded with Vista), and have been unable to find any.

Yup. It will run Vista. It says here at the Nvidia 7600 Go spec site that it was designed for Vista.

From the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor FAQ:

Windows Aero requires a DirectX 9-class graphics processor that supports the following:

* WDDM driver
* Pixel Shader 2.0
* 32 bits per pixel
* Adequate graphics memory
* 64 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor at a resolution lower than 1,310,720 pixels
* 128 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor at resolutions from 1,310,720 to 2,304,000 pixels
* 256 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor at a resolution higher than 2,304,000 pixels

If your system meets the above requirements and has 512 MB of system memory, you can enable Windows Aero using Control Panel in Windows Vista. Additionally, on some systems with shared graphics memory, it is possible to adjust system configuration to obtain the Windows Aero experience.

im pretty sure that thing should be great...but a link to the laptop would be great too to help us out on finding the speeds etc.!

The stuff he mentioned above is enough. It will run it. I have tried this into a Geforce FX 5200, so I guess that will definately give you a relief.

But, you have to take in mind that Aero is resource taking also!

id go 4 a 7600 if u want to play any games at all in the futcher
7900 would be best tho

7900 would be a waste of money right now, as DX10 cards are around the corner.

yea but also the 7900's arn't much money. plus the DX10 games and mainstream cards arn't going to be out for a couple of years, or the DX10 game anyway. developers have to learn the DX10 and then start developing the code for it. takes a couple of years for a good game to come out.

Back
Top Bottom