6600 gt or 9800 pro

um I have a 6600gt By MSI 8x agp ver. on my main comp, and i like that, but i've never had a 9800pro, so i couldnt tell you what I liked better, I just know that my 6600gt with the thermaltake Giant on it, preforms very well!
I would say either MSI or ASUS makes the best 6600gt...

well can someone tell me the in depth specs? like the pipes and vertex shaders and all that. i guess no one has probably had both...

Definatly the GF6600GT. About twice as fast. Infact, in current games, it's just about as fast as a GF6800 - unless you have insainly high resolutions though.

Also, has support for Shader Model 3, that is not in any ATI card yet (Full DirectX 9.c support)

alright cool the ill just get the 6600gt (i saw some things about the specs online and i dont think the 9800pro can be ocd as high or w/e)ill prob go w. the msi 6600gt cuz it was the best rated on newegg

specs for the nice person, heres my MSI card's specs.
GeForce 6600GT Chipset Features

• NVIDIA® CineFX™ 3.0 engine
• 64-bit texture filtering support delivers full-speed, high dynamic-range (HDR) lighting effects
• Unmatched image quality delivered through new 16x anisotropic filtering and rotated grid antialiasing
• 4x shadow processing power with NVIDIA® UltraShadow™ II for next generation games
• Infinite program length allows for a new class of special effects
• Hardware-accelerated MPEG and WMV9 decode delivers smooth, artifact-free video
• Dedicated video hardware reduces CPU utilization and improves overall system performance
• On-chip video encoder and motion estimation engine provides fast, high-quality encoding from TV tuner
• Programmable video engine ensures compatibility with future video codecs
• High-quality video scaling and filtering improves playback quality at any window size
• Integrated HDTV-output brings content from your desktop to your high-definition TV
• NVIDIA® ForceWare™ software delivers unmatched features and rock-solid stability
• High dynamic-range (HDR) rendering
• NVIDIA® UltraShadow™ technology
• NVIDIA® Intellisample™ high-resolution compression technology (HCT)
• NVIDIA® ForceWare™ Unified Driver Architecture(UDA)
• NVIDIA® nView™ multi-display technology
• NVIDIA® Digital Vibrance Control (DVC) 3.0
• On-chip video processor
• 64-bit floating point texture filtering and blending
• Microsoft® DirectX™ 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 support
• OpenGL® 1.5 support
• Superscalar GPU architecture
• 128-bit memory interface with advanced memory control
• Innovative 0.13 micron process technology
• Operating Systems Support Windows® XP / 2000
• Power supply of 350 (and up) watt is highly recommended for system stability
• Memory Interface: 128-bit
• Fill Rate (billion texels/sec.): 4.0
• Vertices/sec. (Million): 375
• Pixels per clock (peak): 8
• RAMDACs (MHz): 400

cool thx once i get some money or mebbe for me bday ill get it (the 6600gt) i read some stuff and it beats 9800pro and 5900xt.

Back
Top Bottom