64bit Vista.

All the Intel X38 chipset sucks because NONE of them support SLI with the possible exception of the Gigabyte version. They're all Crossfire support :(. No thanks...

Though I think SLI or Crossfire are pointless because the money spent on two cards will bring less benefit then buying 1 single more powerful card.

Well the point of SLI is hiding in your response. You say just buy a single more powerful card. Well if your getting the ultimate top of the line card with no better cards out running high resolutions and 1 card just isn't quite enough then you can buy another one to get that extra bit of performance. SLI doesn't start showing big differences till your resolutions start going up.

As for Vista 64bit i've been running it for quite some time with only a few issues. Basically I have 32bit 3ds Max9 and Autocad2008. Autocad2008 will not install on 64bit unless you specifically get the 64bit version and the same applys with 3ds Max9 although it works but doesn't address certain protocols correctly.

Download the Upgrade advisor and see if your going to run into any issues with Vista. The majority of programs do work without a hitch as long as its not from the stone age.

o.k so having read what ISOwner had to say on this matter would it be worth my while to get another 2Gb of RAM to go with my already 2Gb seeing that im running vista64 with my specs in my sig. this machine is for doing alot of directx10 gaming. its the 939 socket athlon64

o.k so having read what ISOwner had to say on this matter would it be worth my while to get another 2Gb of RAM to go with my already 2Gb seeing that im running vista64 with my specs in my sig. this machine is for doing alot of directx10 gaming. its the 939 socket athlon64

If you're going to get more ram get another 2GB otherwise with 3GB the RAM won't be able to run in dual channel mode.

Get 4GB. It will totally own everyone's system here!!! Then try running your DX20 games again. You should see some difference when you play around with the settings.

Back
Top Bottom