60+ Degrees!

Bhavik

Baseband Member
Hey my friends PC is having huge high temps and his PC is randomly shutting down
54779576.jpg

His PC is ontop of his desk in a open area, and it has 3 fans.

Would you recommend him to leave the side case open and would it be safe/harmless to do so?

Make sure the fans are working to remove the hot air and are not recirculating or blowing in. Also make sure the heatsink/fan on the CPU is/are working. Check the video card and RAM and make sure it has good air flow too.

It won't hurt too bad to leave the case open. He'll just have to worry about dust/dirt getting in which can also cause problems if too much builds up.

Would you recommend him to leave the side case open and would it be safe/harmless to do so?

He can leave the side of the case open. But this isn't solving the problem at root level. It's just a quick fix.

Spend an hour removing the CPU heat sink, clean the CPU die and re-apply thermal paste and see if this resolves the temperature issue.

Even when my friend closes everything, the other temps stay the same :(, but the core rises just by like 1 or something, so does the CPU when hes playing games, but when hes not playing games or is, the other temps just stay the same :s

Whats the ambient temps in the house? That can add to the temps? If its 80 degrees in the house, it cant cool the PC that well. If possible, try turning down the temps.

Also try turning up the fan speeds, and like Remeniz said, clean the heatsinks, the CPU reapply thermal paste. Take out the videocard, remove the heatsink and clean it and the GPU and re apply thermal as well. See if this helps.

Also, is this CPU or GPU overclocked?

why is one fan running drastically higher then the other. Even tho there both at 100% is that normal

I noticed that the CPU usage is at 67.7% so that would explain the higher temps...Can you do a Temp reading when the processor is idle?

Back
Top Bottom