5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

The 5970 will probably outdo a single stock GF100 core. Dual Fermi's will easily take on a 5970 from what the pre spec and benchmarks are saying.

The 5970 will probably outdo a single stock GF100 core. Dual Fermi's will easily take on a 5970 from what the pre spec and benchmarks are saying.

True

but i really do hate how all benchmarks are ran at stock clocks or "lightly OC" like who the hell "lightly OC" anything, its either all or none!

A light OC is normally to keep heat from being an issue. Not every person can run liquid or performance aftermarket air cooling, but would still like to get good bang for the buck. The result - "Light overclocking".

But you also have to consider high-heat environments, people who have to use desk cubbies, etc. You can get to any clock you want and make it fine on idle, but once it goes under load the heat kicks in which is where the problem lies, most of the time.

But you also have to consider high-heat environments, people who have to use desk cubbies, etc. You can get to any clock you want and make it fine on idle, but once it goes under load the heat kicks in which is where the problem lies, most of the time.

well yes, but i mean, for benchmarking, they should go all out..

Yeah true. The cooler does a really good job of expelling the heat out the back though. And most people with such a high end card aren't going to put their computer in a cubby.

IDK it just seems that a lot more people are going to do heavy overclocks than light.

Oh of course! You would want to assume that anyone who would purchase such a high dollar card would push it as far as they could. But some things aren't under their control. Take Neodude's environment during the summer months - It's normally 90+ F outside. I completely agree with you in the respect of "Who the hell would buy something of this caliber and not OC it to the edge!?" Because I damn sure would! (and oh I will...) But they do these things for the sake of the benchmarks.

[/OFFTOPICREDUNDANTARGUMENT]

Back
Top Bottom