5400x2 Be @ ?

Alright. How long should I run the small FFT? Would it make sense that raising the HT Voltage would allow me more room for OC'ing the HT?

You could try raising the HT voltage, again, it's just trial and error.

Run the small FFTs for however long you want. I usually run it for at least four hours.

Here's what I'm going to do. Right now I'm running the small FFTs. I'll run it for about 5-6 hours. I gotta watch Manchester City and AC Milan today so that will fill up 4 hours of my day. Then I also have about 2 hours of calc homework to do. If I do all these things while the small FFTs run I'll be fine. The one thing that worried me was the Large FFT. It gave me an error after 6 hours. Regardless, once I have the 3350MHz confirmed. I'll push for max. I'll raise VCore once more. Highest temp I've seen (under full load) is 48C. With .1 more VCore it should go to about 55C. I'll only raise VCore after I've pushed the max with 1.55V though. I wanna set a high bar for this processor lol. The highest I've heard of this is 3.41GHz. I read it on a newegg review. If I could reach that I'll be happy, if I can beat it I'll be happier. I know if I raise the VCore again I'll have 3.45GHz; that's been the trend. If temps aren't bad, I'll leave it at that, I'll decrease it in May/June because it will be summer and my room gets hot.

edit: Should I lap the heatsink if I do get a successful OC at 1.65V?

I'm thinking about getting myself one of these to give you a bit of competition :D

edit: Should I lap the heatsink if I do get a successful OC at 1.65V?
Your temps won't justify voiding your warranty, I don't think.

Hahaha...I'd lose. I got to admit I got pretty lucky. The heatsink I bought was pretty much a gamble. A. Rooster suggested it, but it was getting some bad reviews. I looked at the dates and they were pretty old. The recent reviews were good so I decided to go with it.

edit: I tried everything. Raised NB Voltage and HT Voltage to try for more room on the HT frequency. I got up to 3382Mhz but I didn't like the number. I'm going to stay at 3350Mhz. I tried to raise VCore once more to 1.65V but that resulted in my computer not posting so I had to clear CMOS. The only thing left for me is to mess with HTT Link Speed and Width and see if that does anything.

Overall results:

-Clock: 3.35GHz
-Multi: 16.5
-HT Freq: 203Mhz
-VCore: 1.55V
-SYS Temp (under full load): 34C
-CPU Temp (under full load): 50C

3350-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom