5400 temp

did you build or buy? did you put alot of theremal paste of is the fan running correctly?

did you put a good amouint ber generous. also is your fans running its very important to check and is the heat sink fully contacted to the board?

yep thats all good. i guess ill call up some pc shops and see if they have some thermal paste.

whats the best way to take the paste off?

If your using the Arctic Cooler 64 you shouldn't have a problem if its installed correctly. I have a 90nm X2 5600+ OC'ed to 3Ghz and I never see it go above 55. Right now its at 36C and 40C for both cores, and I didn't bother to remove the Arctic Cooler Thermal compound as I did a bit of research. In some cases, Arctic Cooling MX-2 thermal compound has beat AS5.

That is read using core temp which I think is a nice program as you can check log files and record temps from the CPU.

If I where you I would buy some AS5 and reset the heat sink because that doesn't sound like its on very well. When I installed mine I had a fear I was going to break the motherboard. When I finally got it on if looked like there was 300 pounds of pressure on that little thing.

If your using the Arctic Cooler 64 you shouldn't have a problem if its installed correctly. I have a 90nm X2 5600+ OC'ed to 3Ghz and I never see it go above 55. Right now its at 36C and 40C for both cores, and I didn't bother to remove the Arctic Cooler Thermal compound as I did a bit of research. In some cases, Arctic Cooling MX-2 thermal compound has beat AS5.

That is read using core temp which I think is a nice program as you can check log files and record temps from the CPU.

If I where you I would buy some AS5 and reset the heat sink because that doesn't sound like its on very well. When I installed mine I had a fear I was going to break the motherboard. When I finally got it on if looked like there was 300 pounds of pressure on that little thing.

yea ill probably go out tomorrow and re do it. can you use alcohol to get the old thermal paste off?

The ACF7PRO has pre-applied MX-2 paste which is better than pretty much everything you could buy to replace it.

Did you properly clean the IHS with isopropyl alcohol before mounting the cooler?

Back
Top Bottom