512Mb 400Mhz OR 768Mb 133Mhz?

adaman

Beta member
hey ya all!
im new here (if u care) and im impressed by the proffecional look of the forum.
i just bought a memory of 512Mb 400Mhz to my pc (2400MGhz P4) and i took off the memory i have 256MB 133Mhz and put the new one into (so now i have only 512Mb)
so my Que is what's better, 768Mb running on 133Mhz or to stay with 512MB 400mhz?
thanx.(if my english suk forgive me).

Hi,

First of all, welcome to the forum, and yes I'm sure we do care... don't we? *angel expression*

Right... Lets see now.

I'd assume, because that the 512MB of ram is running at a faster speed (400MHZ), this would be much better than the ram running at only 133MHZ.
This would be because having both in together, which is what your doing, the faster ram is being slowed down by the slower ram and so it is a bit of a waste...

So yeah, remove the old ram, and just keep the 512MB of ram. Its still a pretty big boost, and you could always go for more after with the same speed. At least you know you wouldn't have wasted our money on the new ram hehe :) since even though you'd have more memory, you'd have less of a speed boost as a result.

*KaGe*

Speed is always better than quantity in computers. That is why computers went from 33Mhz Edo to 533DDR and maybe much faster memory. Quantity is also important, but in your case, the 400 Mhz are far off better for you. Actually, the PC133 would actually slow down your bus!

Back
Top Bottom