50% off Windows 7

If you have the rc, hold out a little longer. We may get it at a greater discount than those who upgrade from vista.

o really? and what makes you think so?...this is microsoft we are dealing with, they only want to suck every penny from us :p

You can get the Windows 7 at a discount with earlier versions as well.

customers in the US, Canada or Japan who already own a PC running XP or Vista will be able to pre-order the upgrade disc at around half the price that they'll eventually sell for.

http://www.techspot.com/

If you have Windows XP or Windows 2000, you can purchase Windows 7 Upgrade versions. But you must back up your files, clean install, and reinstall your applications.

http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Windows-Windows-7/category/102

so dumb that vista users get a discount, but us, the testers, get nothing...wth.

You lose! Good day sir!

gooddaysir.gif

Pfft. You call yourself a tester... you may well be one. But what difference will that make to MS? I mean sure, some of the "testers" will help iron out the bugs... but TBH, I think it's good that MS let us play with their OS before they make us pay for it.

If they didnt release the Release Candidate you wouldn't be able to play with Windows 7.... So I wouldnt complain about not getting a bigger discount just for taking advantage of their offerings!

I'm fine with Vista. 7 doesn't really offer anything that would make me jump for it yet.

Pfft. You call yourself a tester... you may well be one. But what difference will that make to MS? I mean sure, some of the "testers" will help iron out the bugs... but TBH, I think it's good that MS let us play with their OS before they make is pay for it.

If they didnt release the Release Candidate you wouldn't be able to play with Windows 7.... So I wouldnt complain about not getting a bigger discount just for taking advantage of their offerings!

Agreed. 'Testing' allowed me to dodge buying vista. Having not tried it, I would of probably taken the plunge and bought it, which would of been regrettable.

Back
Top Bottom