5.1 surround doesn't seem to be suported

emperor76

In Runtime
Hi, I have my computer sonnected to my t.v via a hdmi cable, I use this for the sound, as the optical lead is not long enough. In the Realtek HD audio manager, in the hdmi sound options, it only gives 2.1 as an option, in the speaker options, 5.1 is available, even though I have a very poor pair of speakers connected to the speaker port. In the sound options in windows it says 2 channels are the maximum supported. Is there a way round this using HDMI for sound?

so can you see the tv in the sound menu in control panel?

if so select it and make it the default device now the sound will play through the tv.

so can you see the tv in the sound menu in control panel?

if so select it and make it the default device now the sound will play through the tv.

Yeah, I can see the T.V listed as HDMI in the list, it lets me select it when the correct HDMI channel is selected, so I already switch between having sound on the pc speakers, or the surround system by pressing set as default on the speakers I want to use, but only 2.1 is available, I was wanting to get 5.1, but that's only available on the speakers tab and not the HDMI one

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom