5.1 speaker problem

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
I recently bought a pair of Z-5300's and one of them is only producing a faint sound. i don't know if it has always not made a sound and i'm just noticing or if it just went out. I don't want to bring them back yet just incase it's just my computer. my MOBO supports 5.1 (actually 7.1...http://developer.intel.com/products/chipsets/915g/index.htm). i have my settings to 6 speakers, i'm running XP SP2. O ya it's the rear right one thats not making sound.

not clued up on this to much but is it possible to plug the jack for that rear speaker into another female input on your pc or your stereo system to see if it will work. but you have probably tried this allready it just a thought this way if it is still the same then it must be the speaker and not your sound card

I havn't tried that because the jack for the speaker is diferent from the jack on the computer.

Assembler is right there on target. Just swap the speaker with any other speaker and see if it works or not. It shouldn't matter as to where it is located to test it out and see if it works. If it works then try a speaker in its old place to see if it is the wire or is the computer software. More than likely though as it is paired , I think that you will find it as either a bad wire(connection) or blown.

btw dishdog whats your fader lvl at on the remote? when its turned all the way down the rear speakers dont work, so turn them up all the way

lol...this happened to me once...what happened was I was using a mono instead of stereo cable. LOLOL...man that was a gas...

Dishdog said:
I recently bought a pair of Z-5300's and one of them is only producing a faint sound. i don't know if it has always not made a sound and i'm just noticing or if it just went out. I don't want to bring them back yet just incase it's just my computer. my MOBO supports 5.1 (actually 7.1...http://developer.intel.com/products/chipsets/915g/index.htm). i have my settings to 6 speakers, i'm running XP SP2. O ya it's the rear right one thats not making sound.
i'm not guessing so please let me work on this.I have the X-530.
It's not the mbd support it's the sound card support.
What is yours ? then i'll continue.
This is a 5 speaker set not 6 so set it to 5 speakers and run the tests.
email me if you like for sshot use.

lurkswithin said:
Assembler is right there on target. Just swap the speaker with any other speaker and see if it works or not. It shouldn't matter as to where it is located to test it out and see if it works. If it works then try a speaker in its old place to see if it is the wire or is the computer software. More than likely though as it is paired , I think that you will find it as either a bad wire(connection) or blown.

I switched the speakers around and the speaker itself is fine, it's the sub rear right jack that is broken. I'm glad i didn't throw out the box,lol. i'll have to return them tuesday when i don't have work.

money_man said:
btw dishdog whats your fader lvl at on the remote? when its turned all the way down the rear speakers dont work, so turn them up all the way

My fader was all the way up. i didn't know what it did though,lol.

Dishdog said:
I switched the speakers around and the speaker itself is fine, it's the sub rear right jack that is broken. I'm glad i didn't throw out the box,lol. i'll have to return them tuesday when i don't have work.

My fader was all the way up. i didn't know what it did though,lol.
Of couse you don't know what your doing.
I said so,don't ignore me again.
So i will not help you after this if you begged me.
:rolleyes:

Glad to hear you found uot the problem but its always a downer when you buy something and you have to mess about taking it back because of a fault

Back
Top Bottom