4GB of RAM and other comp questions

James0071

Baseband Member
Is that massive overkill? I wanted the most bang for my buck, but is that WAY too much? The 4GB is mostly for gaming.

Will the comp below be really freaking good for gaming? How long do you think it would last before going outdated? Couple of years?

Specs:

INTEL, Pentium® 4 570J 3.80GHz HT, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache
INTEL, D925XBC, Intel 925X, 800MHz FSB, DDR2-533, SATA RAID, PCIe x16, Audio, GbE LAN, Retail
DDR2-533, 4GB (4 x 1GB) DDR2 PC2-4200 533MHz SDRAM 240-pin DIMM, Non-ECC
GIGABYTE, nVidia GeForce GO 7800 w/256MB DDR3, Retail
CREATIVE, Sound Blaster Audigy-2 ZS, 8 Channel
WESTERN DIGITAL, 74GB Raptor®, 10000-RPM, 8MB cache, Serial ATA hard drive
WESTERN DIGITAL, 200GB Caviar® SE, 7200-RPM, 8MB cache, Serial ATA hard drive

Is the P4 3.73 EE better than the 3.80 570J? What would be your opinion?

Do RAM and HD coolers work? I mean do they "help"?

Sorry if some of these questions are stupid.... I'm a computer noob.

Thanks

4gb will optimize your 7800 to the fullest, but it seems a little over kill. 2gb will do just fine.

P4s tend to work better for calculations - scientific applications and number crunching etc. AMDs consitently outstrip intel in gaming benchmarks. If your building a gaming PC I highly recommend you consider an AMD processor.

Go with a Pentium D if you like Intel and I like your concept on maxing out the RAM. WIth dual core processing and all the memory in the world, you'll have a pretty fast computer. If you decide to go with an Athlon system, choose the Athlon 64 X2.

4GB! wow. I will make you a promise. You will not be needing any more ram for anytime to come.

Back
Top Bottom