4GB RAM Limit

G9

Daemon Poster
Does having 4GB of RAM require a 64-bit system for Windows Vista? Or can it work on a 32-bit?

It's not required, but it's highly suggested. Windows (32 bit versions) on it's own cannot use the full four gigs of RAM. However, other programs can use the rest of that RAM if they have the need to.

get windows vista 64bit premium
thats what i got
works amazing dont lisen to that shit about driver problems i really dont find that many and i dl every thing

are there any "easy" ways of getting a vista mask sorta thing to be able to use the 4gb of ram rand use dx10?

what do you mean by Mask?

But if you want to fully reconize the four gigs, you will need the 64-bit version of windows. If you want to use DX 10 you will need to get a DX10 compatable video card (Nvidia's 8 Series for example).

I'm currently looking into the Dell XPS M1330 notebook... and Vista Ultimate seems like an option. Not sure if it's the 32 or 64 bit option though.

EDIT: Business is also available. I'm chatting with support right now.

According to support the model I'm looking at only has 32-bit options because that's all the Home Office products get from OEM selections. 3.6GB was his estimate as to how much RAM was read.

Just get a 64bit version. That way you know the software is made to run more than 3.25gigs of ram.
Can you explain the easiest way to do so? Because I would be getting vista for my 8800GTS' dx10 mostly, but going from 3.25 to 4 gb of ram would also be nice.

Back
Top Bottom