4870 power consumption

disturbed13

Daemon Poster
just want to make sure that a 600W PSU will be able to handle a crossfire of 4870s
and a different PSU for the rest of the system
according to this it will
do you consider that to be accurate?

What's the make/model of the PSU. Wattage means jack squat...to a certain extent. You really need to look at the number of 12v rails and the amps they provide.

Edit: That seems to be cutting it close. You're only leaving +/- 150W for the rest of the system under load. If you have an AMD CPU, that's leaving probably less than 50W for everything else after the CPU even... Wait for a few more replies. I'm not a PSU guru, but I can tell you IMO, that doesn't seem like quite enough. I'd shoot for a 750W.

I too am no PSU guru. But I looked up this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018

Beyond Reputable Company in OCz.
700 watts which will work great with your setup. Crossfire Ready.

Cost 99 dollars.

But if you buy it before the 28th you can get it for 89.00 dollars.

Sorry if this doesnt help. I tried...

EDIT: i was in the process of writing this post before dude_56013 posted his choices.

I too am no PSU guru. But I looked up this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018

Beyond Reputable Company in OCz.
700 watts which will work great with your setup. Crossfire Ready.

Cost 99 dollars.

But if you buy it before the 28th you can get it for 89.00 dollars.

Sorry if this doesnt help. I tried...

EDIT: i was in the process of writing this post before dude_56013 posted his choices.

Great minds think alike :D OCZ is one of my favorite companies. I love it when their RAM goes on sale. I always find an excuse to buy some :)

Great minds think alike :D OCZ is one of my favorite companies. I love it when their RAM goes on sale. I always find an excuse to buy some :)

Like Christmas in (insert month here) lol. I too love there products. OCZ and EVGA our my friends.

You can easily run a 4870 Crossfire on a Q6600 platform with a quality 650W power supply. Disturbed, check your inbox for me please.

Like Rohan said, a 650 Watt PSU will run just about any system out there.

Back
Top Bottom