kinser_brave

Baseband Member
Video Card Problem? WoW won't work anymore

Heres the thing. I play a game called World of Warcraft. I use to play it all of the time. I took a break from it and just recently came back to it, but now it doesn't seem to want to work. Everytime I load the game it appears to be having some kind of computer seizure. Like it is not processing the right graphics through the graphics card or something. I think this is a video card problem but I don't know. We took the comp to geek squad (which was embarrassing, i usually know what I'm doing) but they seem to have made the whole problem worse. All I want to do is play the game to see what has changed. What the screen looks like when I open the game is flashes and flickers of the user name and password box, the mouse keeps disappearing and reappearing, and the screen is divided into many horizontal lines. I can click anywhere I can't see anything and I definately cannot play the game. Like I said, I have been able to play the game before without problems. Can somebody with more knowledge than I have help me please?

"and the screen is divided into many horizontal lines", if you havent tried doing a clean install (uninstall the game, and then delete the folder, DO NOT DELETE THE FOLDER BEFORE UNINSTALLING!!!!) and get new drivers for everything, chipset, sound, graphics if you havent done that already. if that doesnt work, to me it sounds like overheating issue OR a bad graphics card, what do you guys think??

ya might give that a try, sometimes for some random reason the drivers just mess up if you havent played the game for a while, happens to me all the time, when i pull out an old game, hope that works for ya :p

Yea, what bullzi said. :D

Those are good suggestions. Uninstall the game and do a clean install and make sure all your drivers (video, motherboard chipset) are up to date.

Back
Top Bottom