45nm DOES make a difference

I recently upgraded to a Q9450 on Rogue, and the temperatures are rather low compared to the Q6700 I had before, and its especially noticeable when gaming.

The QX9770 is an excellent overclocker, and compared to the QX9650 I had before, it's a lot easier to do so, and the QX9770 has a slight advantage in video rendering times.

Just some interesting inquiries.

Sincerely
,Kevin Leigh

Yeah, I just built a new computer, I used to have a Pentium 4 HT and it ran at almost 60 degrees, in my new PC I got a Core 2 Duo E7200 (bottom of the range 45NM) and overclocked it by almost 1GHz and its still completely stable and runs at n more that 40 degrees on max load with a stock cooler.

QX9770, nice.

I wish I had the $$$$$ but alas marriage, kids and mortgage take most of mine

:)

KevinLeigh22, which board is it in? 790i?

You've got a couple of nice pcs there.

@vaio-fx, what are you reading temps with? no 45nm sensor bug with the E7200?

@vaio-fx, what are you reading temps with? no 45nm sensor bug with the E7200?

Baaah, really! ..ATF, I was just thinking the same thing and was going to ask him about those temps. It would seem weird if the 8400s would have the junk sensors and not the 7200...

My BIOS just tells me the temperature when I go to the overclocking section. Also I have my CPU heatsink fan plugged into a normal system fan socket as it would not work in the CPU slot for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom