4 Pin Gromet on motherboard?

Appolyons said:
Thats interesting Tommy. I have a question however, what about heat? Shouldnt a PC consumer, like myself, planning on buying a dual sli system soon think about a water cooling system in addition to fans?
Yes, and as a matter of fact, on the Asus A8N-SLi board, the two PCI-x16 slots are spaced further apart (2 expansion slots in between them, instead of 1) so that there is room for bigger aftermarket fans and even watercooling on the video cards.

Even with two high end cards, unless your planning on overclock you shouldn't need watercooling unless you've voltmodded the cards, heavily overclocked the CPU or have a really bad case.

Most decent cases nowadays have at least two 120mm fans, one at the front and one at the back, with decent airflow - these fans are quiet and move a lot of air, and as long as you don't have something obscuring the intake it should be fine :)

Anyway - a VF700 or an Arctic Cooling Accelero for the graphics cards, or a Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 or a Gigabyte G-Power Pro for the CPU, will actually cool the component BETTER than a cheap watercooling kit (i.e. Gigabyte and Thermaltakes pre-filled ones), so watercooling is only worth it if you invest in a high end kit for around £180 :)

how about a picture to show u guys exactly wht im talking about.

untitled1hh2.gif

slayer322 said:
how about a picture to show u guys exactly wht im talking about.

untitled1hh2.gif
I stated that I found the answer in my post....it's for extra power for the extra video card.

All i know is that Gromet is a clay charecter from tv.....correct me if im wrong :)

That's in a good use when you use SLI. It powers the video cards together to get a stronger SLI.

Back
Top Bottom