3dmark03 drop

human_typoon

Baseband Member
We just resently sent in my motherboard for a RMA because 2 ram slots where fried when we got it, but befor we sent it in i ran 3dmark03 and i scored a 10,400 or something, now with my new mother board, same kind K8NS pro, i only score 8,000 and only 32,000 instead of 42,000 in aquamark. I would really like it if you helped thanks. I even have more ram then befor i sent it in and it runs slower, im confused.

Pc specs
AMD 64 3000+
K8NS pro
Geforce 6800 Gt
420 PSU
2 512 ddr 3200 ram.

So your original board wasnt overclocked at all? Werid that it has such a big drop.

Hmm... very weird indeed... Can you just check for me in Bios (del at bootup) if HT technology (Hyper Transport) is set to On? Just an idea (I think you can select that)

Also check in the bios for a Dual Channel enabler, has it got one?

If any of these are true and you didn't know they were switched off on the new motherboard and needed manually switching on, then you'll have your answer :)
(These options could be in any of the menus, and just go to Save and Exit when your done)

I hope this helps :)

did you buy the same ram as in speed...and were you dual channeling before you got your motherboard fried..?

I cant find anything like that in the bios, i cant do much in my bios. There is nothing that is like HP, if there a button i hit for extra options? o yea and yes both of the ram is Pc3200 512 mb.

Sorry for all these replys, also i ran a CPU test and it is the exact same as it was befor the motherboard RMA.

DUAL CHANNELING:

Dual channeling is supported by some RAM chips when you have two in at one go (for example liek you have, 2x 512 chips). It also has to be supported on the motherboard as well.

Basically what it does is gives the RAM double the bandwidth for data, making transfers faster, and so giving more performance!

SOME IDEAS TO GET BIOS:

Have you tried pressing Del then? and its just come up with some HP settings? Instead then, check when it is booting up. Does it say a button to press instead to go into bios? Check carefully, as it might have been changed for your HP computer, but it will be there, don't worry, and will then allow you to change settings and check for the above.

If you need more time to look at the menus at bootup if there going to fast to see and so you might not see the bios button to press, try and press Pause/Break on the computer keyboard, which was used in the olden days of computing for some tasks, and nowadays it can be used to slow down menus like this that might go past too fast, so try pressing that :)

As soon as you find the button, restart and keep pressing it until the Bios menu appears. You can then start looking :p

i hope this helps :)

I might of put that up wrong, i know how to get into the bios, just, ive checked under every settings and i cant find it, i remeber along time ago i hit some button and more options appeared, but i cant figure what the buttom was. Del is to get into my bios.

Back
Top Bottom