3DMark0-SH*T

@ GhostGT, what voltage are you running through your cpu? is it still set to Auto? if so you could probably drop it down to 1.125v at 2.8GHz, 1.3v for 3.0GHz, this will lower your temperatures as the Auto setting normally supplies a higher voltage than is actually required resulting in elevated temperatures.

Yes that's true but for the sake of comparison the "standard" resolution used by overclockers for HWbot etc is 1280x1024, if you wanted to dick around with LOD etc and run it at 600x400 your scores will be higher for sure but you'd get laughed out of forums such as Guru3D for doing so.

That's your card for you, I'm tempted to upgrade to the G92 GTS 512MB yet hesitant because I want a 9xxx series when they're released (supposedly in a couple of weeks, mid Feb last I heard)

Temps at 3.6GHz are idle ~38-38-36-36, load 66-66-64-64

I'm thinking 3.8GHz will push me up close to around 70°C, I might chuck another fan on the back of the TU120e for increased airflow through the fins.

Hey true, yeah I didn't touch anything other than the FSB speed. Do you recommend I try the 311fsb again with 1.125v?

What board do you have??

Yes try it again but with a little more voltage, you didn't have enough to boot at 1.125 so try the next increment up, if that fails to boot try the next one until you get stable.

What voltage was the Auto setting giving the CPU?

I honestly don't know what it was giving the CPU. Check the other thread for the info BTW.

Mate, get CPU-z, give me the screenies I asked for, that'll give the detail I require and give you a little more knowledge about your pc ;)

:D

Motherboard tab, memory tab, spd tab

Also d/load CoreTemp 0.96.1 (is the latest version) and give me a screenie of that too please.

Alright, here we go:

coretempscreeny.jpg

cpuzscreeny4.jpg

cpuzscreeny3.jpg

cpuzscreeny2.jpg

cpuzscreeny.jpg

Cool, thanks for that.

OK first up, the VID in the coretemp screenie, the factory voltage recommended for your cpu 1.2625v (mine is 1.25v, apparently the higher the VID the higher the oc potential, I say apparently because I haven't had a second Q6600 to test with)

CoreTemp reads from the cpu diode for temps and is the most accurate at present for Quad cpus so those are youur "true" temps (about right for a stock cooler, maybe a little high)

That's a healthy overclock on your memory there, you have it running at 1066MHz good timings.

Is your vcore back to auto to give you that reading?? (1.152v)

Kill all your processes dude.
Kill explorer even.

iTunesHelper, iPodService, useless. I hope you're not using nTune for real. That thing messed up some overclocks on me.

Go to Run > msconfig and do a selective startup disabling everything you don't need, so basically keep the vid card drivers and as little else as you can get away with. Then change back to normal startup when you're done.

@ GhostGT, how about we shift over to the other thread and leave this one for the 3DMark06 topic, saves cross posting all the time.

Back
Top Bottom