3D Studio Max

Kage

Golden Master
Hi, I have a bit of a dilema which is really affecting my FMP work :(

I have 3D Studio Max 7 on my PC, yet college has version 6.
Okay you might say, whats up with that?...
Well, I've modelled my music player at home, thinking it'd be as simple as just saving it as a model knowing that the main file wouldn't open on the col PC's. Well, I have too many settings to remember and so can't do this since it'd just export the main mesh, and the version of the player I have in college is too early a version before I took it home to finish it :(

I need to make animations to export as final, but yet, col has another program which I'm working on too, and without the model, i cant figure out the times...

What I'm asking really is, has Discreet ever thought of making an add on or plugin to make it possible to save to earlier versions of 3D Studio Max? Is there one?
Or a file you can save as within 3D Studio Max that will import all the materials, and settings too, without using the program .max file?

So maybe saving it, you could scroll down the list to .max (6.0) or something? :(

This is really bothering me, since I've only got little time left, and I need to import to work on it in college time.

Please can anyone help?

hmm, try using GMAX (free version of 3d studio) to open the file, that can export it as a p3d (plasma 3d) file I believe, maybe earlier versions of 3dstudio could open that?

Kewl, would this save all settings too? Like for instance the materials?

I have 3D studio max 7 which i'll see if it has it :)

Thanks Aces Wild...Hope it works...though, I can work on it at home easier now since I changed the other program I was using :D

Oh and plus... Would G-Max open 3D Studio Max 7 .Max files?

Back
Top Bottom