3800+ X2 Gaming Problems????

Bosox0123

Baseband Member
I was reading reviews for the chip on newegg and a good amount of them talked about having problems running games. Is this a real problem that I should be worried about, or is there something that just has to be done?

I would just get the 4200x2 its only like a hundrends dollars more but well worth it. plus the price is going to drop to like 100 dollars within a month man. And everyone says there games run fine with that processor i heard good news. :D

... i use the 3800+x2. no problems. at all. some of the older games used to have problems like cs 1.6, but they've patched those problems up already, and you shouldn't need to worry about it. if you want the 3800+x2 go for it.

Well i have the 4400+ and i have real problems during cs:s, get loads of lag and its hardly playable. Ive tried all the hotfixes, dual core drivers, setting the affinity and none of it has worked.
Maybe it is just with some cpu's and not others but i do get quite a few problmes.

Memphis if your having that kind of problem on your computer its more than likely steam itself. I have been having problems with steam lately, but just turned out it was steam all along not my rig. My 3800x runs great. I OCed it a bit ran great, but ran a little funky. I think I just need a better heat sink for it.

Well ive tried reinstalling steam but i still get the same problem, and it doesnt occur during HL2, so its just cs:s really.
I really cant get my head around why, changing the settings to low or high does affect the fps at all.

i've played cs:s dod:s hl2 gw WoW wc3 sc d2 cs 1.6 bf2 on this computer with the 3800x2. no problems. none.

Back
Top Bottom