A 3500 or 3000

Would the 6600GT perform well in games though..?
I heard its a nice video card, and I'm going from a Ti4200 now, so I would love any increase.. :p

Yes, it performs very well. I have one myself and at times, you won't even notice too much of a difference between a 6600GT and a 6800GT on a lot of games. The 6600GT should outperform the Ti4200.

If I was to get a 6800.. how would this one be?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122209&ATT=Video+Cards&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r

Well, I ussually don't play games at high resolutions.. and I'd prefer high settings if I could have them. - What would you reccomend for that? A 6600GT seems to be a nice card by reviews, and although the 6800GT is better, it does seem a bit more expensive.

Due to rumors circulating about the release of the 70xx series soon, and the prices obviously dropping, would it be smarter to get the 6600GT and if / when I upgraded, get the upgrade when I can see the newer prices and have more money.

I'll spend any amount I need to.. its just a matter of time to save it up.

Well it depends TRDCorolla really at what resolution you run games at. Its true, you wouldn't notice much difference at 1024x768 except maybe for the higher frames per second rate, though because it's soo fast, you wouldn't tell anyway.

Its at high resolutions at the moment that'd you'd tell, and with games like Riddick that use so much shaders, and you could probably shove settings up a buit more, and for longer than with the 6600GT in game terms.

If you wanted a lasting card, the 6800GT definetly wouldn't dissapoint,especially sinceif you run at lower res's, you'd notice the enormous boost for so much longer.

As for that card beating the Ti4200...course it would!!!!! :D A 6600GT would beat it by alot too, since the new cards run using Direct X-9 which will see more effects in games as well :p

So yeah, go for the 6800GT if you can afford it :)

I assume you have PCI-E in that case? Otherwise for that 6800 card, you'll need a PCI-E to AGP swapper. i've heard its good though

you should be fine then :) Go for it if you can afford it :D I think your sorted :p

Sorry but I have a quick question on the 64's. Did they make a 2800 with a venice core? Did they even make any 754 socket with a venice? I cant find any model number for them.

The transition of the enthusiasts' favorite Athlon 64 processors to the new cores manufactured with 90nm production technology started over half a year ago. The 90nm K8 Winchester core is now widely used in Socket 939 Athlon 64 processors with the 3000+, 3200+ and 3500+ performance ratings, and in Socket 745 Sempron processor family. However, Winchester didn't manage to completely oust the 130nm cores from the previous generation Athlon 64 processors.
Your better off getting socket 939 though because its more upgradeable anyway.. :)

dunerider5 said:
Sorry but I have a quick question on the 64's. Did they make a 2800 with a venice core? Did they even make any 754 socket with a venice? I cant find any model number for them.

I think Socket 754 mainly deals with Newcastle and Clawhammer cores. Venice cores to my knowledge use Socket 939 and uses the Athlon 64 3000+ on up.

Back
Top Bottom