2nd Hard Drive somewhat useless...

GhostGT

Daemon Poster
I installed my 2nd hard drive (WD 320gb) as a storage drive and have most of my important system files on the Raptor.

The problem is that this second hard drive came straight out of my old Sony and has not been reformatted, so everything is still on the drive, including programs, games, and even Windows XP MCE.

Since most of the stuff on the drive doesn't work anyway, I'm planning on transferring my important files to my external HD and reformatting this second drive to have a nice, clean start.

Is there anything special I need to do in order to reformat the drive after I've backed up everything? How should I go about doing it? I have a feeling that my computer has trouble recognizing some tasks and programs since they were installed on XP.

Any tips/advice appreciated.

Chris

Go to control panel, system and maintenance, administrative tools, create and format hard disk partitions would be the best way.

Atomic Rooster's way should work just fine for you. I have Norton's Partionmagic and that seems to work just fine for me. I don't use it all to often, but it's a very simple interface to work with.

Back
Top Bottom