2nd Hard Drive ??

cetrax

Baseband Member
Hello I want to add a second hard drive to a pc I just purchased that came with a 2tb 7200rpm drive. Should I add another 7200rpm drive or a solid state drive??

Does my operating system need to be on the solid state drive for it to be affective?
Thanks for any advice?

It depends what you'd be using it for. If it's fir data storage you're best just getting another HDD, and perhaps consider RAID. If however it's for the OS and maybe a select few programs you're best getting an SSD, they're quite cheap (relatively) at the moment. If you need any suggestions for which SSD/HDD to get just ask.

Thanks for the reply. I will be using it mostly for music, video, and pictures. Any recomendations on which brand hd to buy??

If you want to put it into RAID then you're best buying an identical HDD to your current drive. If not then I'd recommend a western digital black or blue. If you don't have the money to buy that (or don't want to) then a samsung or seagate will be fine.

Thanks for the help. Can you tell me what is special about the western digital black and or blue drives??

I still can't get my head round the fact that someone can need 3tb worth of storage without needing/wanting an ssd

Back
Top Bottom