Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #31
Daemon Poster
 
Techmaster05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 855
Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05
Default Re: 260 vs 295?

ok than i dont see why your not saying that for the 216 sli setup, thats 2 cards remember, he still going to be spending around the $400 mark on a card that will be to powerful for his res, will create a lot of heat because they will basically be right next to eachother and than they will take up a lot of room
__________________

Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #32
Golden Master
 
worshipme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,603
Default Re: 260 vs 295?

We're not saying an SLi setup, we're not even recommending a GTX 260. An HD 4850 or 9800GTX+ (GTS 250, seriously, Nvidia's renaming is just getting ridiculous) would be more than sufficient for a 19".
__________________

__________________
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #33
Wizard of Wires
 
setishock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not sure
Posts: 10,030
Default Re: 260 vs 295?

Whoa guys!!!
Let's get down to the meat and potatos of the OP's question and ask back to him:
What is it you want to do that would require that much video horsepower?
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #34
Fully Optimized
 
Holysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,692
Default Re: 260 vs 295?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
wow, i guess i just lost all respect i ever had in you, and dont tell me your not a 260 fanboy, because you are rohan, dont be ignorant, you are ok

1. You are always talking about it
2. You are always defending it
3. You know everything about the dang thing

sorry but thats called being a fanboy, watch i bet you 70% he will go with a 295, i know grant, i know what he wants.
First of all i don't blame him for loving it. It is he best Price/performance card out.

Try not to tell us that you are a fanboy with your 295???? Always saying you max out crysis?
__________________
Let's get this party started, I'm sick of begging you You make me dead inside which I give to you
Let's get this party started, You make me feel inside I want to be the one to make myself sane
Holysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #35
Daemon Poster
 
Techmaster05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 855
Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05
Default Re: 260 vs 295?

lol first off i never said i wasnt a fanboy, yes i love the 295 and of course im going to brag about the card because its the best card out their on the market.

I do agree, its an incredible card, especially for the price, but still one 260 wont last him another year maxing games and as he stated earlier, he wants something that will last him future wise
Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #36
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: 260 vs 295?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbs View Post
Yes I am, and for good reason. Buying 295 for a low-resolution monitor is like trying to race a Lamborghini around a race track on spare tires. The power is there, but you aren't using it to it's full potential. He could spend that $600 on both a monitor and video card and be MUCH better off.
Thanks for agreeing with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
ok than i dont see why your not saying that for the 216 sli setup, thats 2 cards remember, he still going to be spending around the $400 mark on a card that will be to powerful for his res, will create a lot of heat because they will basically be right next to eachother and than they will take up a lot of room
Considering you can get Core 216's for around $160 now, he will be spending $320-$330 max on two cards. He can spend the rest on the monitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worshipme View Post
We're not saying an SLi setup, we're not even recommending a GTX 260. An HD 4850 or 9800GTX+ (GTS 250, seriously, Nvidia's renaming is just getting ridiculous) would be more than sufficient for a 19".
I completely agree with you. But he wants a choice of either 2 Core 216 in SLI OR a GTX 295. Even though they are both a complete waste of money at his resolution. At least with the SLI setup, he could spend the rest on a really nice monitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
I do agree, its an incredible card, especially for the price, but still one 260 wont last him another year maxing games and as he stated earlier, he wants something that will last him future wise
Really, now? How are people still using the 8800GTX's/Ultra's? They came out a while ago. Think of it this way. He could max out Crysis with a 4850 at his resolution. If he stays with his monitor, it won't be hard to. So, technically he will be able to max out plenty of games at his resolution with a Core 216 SLI setup for many, many years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
wow, i guess i just lost all respect i ever had in you, and dont tell me your not a 260 fanboy, because you are rohan, dont be ignorant, you are ok

1. You are always talking about it
2. You are always defending it
3. You know everything about the dang thing

sorry but thats called being a fanboy, watch i bet you 70% he will go with a 295, i know grant, i know what he wants.
So, I'm being a fanboy for choosing one of the options I was giving and backing it up with facts? I know just about everything with the 4870 too. I must be a 4870 fanboy. Oh yeah, I know a ton about Intel processors. You should count that in. Don't forget about Antec and Cooler Master cases. Damn, I'm pretty much a fanboy of every company out there. Ah, my heatsink and power supply. Let's add Xigmatek to this list while you're at it. By the way, you used the word ignorant wrong. You should become a fanboy of the dictionary.
__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #37
Fully Optimized
 
Holysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,692
Default Re: 260 vs 295?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
ok than i dont see why your not saying that for the 216 sli setup, thats 2 cards remember, he still going to be spending around the $400 mark on a card that will be to powerful for his res, will create a lot of heat because they will basically be right next to eachother and than they will take up a lot of room
Quote:
lol your disagreeing on me that a 295 would be wiser than a core 216 sli setup, lol ummmmmmmmmmmmmm...... ok
So you first say that he should get a 295. Then you complain that the 260 core 216 sli is to powerful. Then you say that he should get the 295 which is more powerful than the core 216 in SLI.

Not one of the smartest members around are you?

Your posts are made out of opinions and not facts.

might i recommend you to computerforums.com?
__________________
Let's get this party started, I'm sick of begging you You make me dead inside which I give to you
Let's get this party started, You make me feel inside I want to be the one to make myself sane
Holysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #38
Daemon Poster
 
Techmaster05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 855
Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05
Default Re: 260 vs 295?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holysky View Post
So you first say that he should get a 295. Then you complain that the 260 core 216 sli is to powerful. Then you say that he should get the 295 which is more powerful than the core 216 in SLI.

Not one of the smartest members around are you?

Your posts are made out of opinions and not facts.

might i recommend you to computerforums.com?
lol your missing the point, he trying to say that the 295 is way to powerful, and im telling him that the core 216's in sli are almost as powerful, so you should go and read a little better.

You know holsky i really dont know what you have against me, i dont see how im giving opinions when im saying the 295 is more powerful than 2 core 216's. Im not one of the smartest members ? i think you should rephrase that a bit more. I know a fair decent amount, i dont know as much as some of the gurus here that have no life. At least i can control myself when it comes to my attitude, defending that mod didnt help you to much huh?

I remember you said awhile back that im the type of person to make users walk away from CF, well im starting to really believe thats you because for some reason u always have something against me.

Anyways why dont u just go and read what i said and try to understand a bit better before making un-understood statements.

Seriously all im saying is that it would be a wiser choice to go with the 295 because its future proof, does not take up as much room, the value of it is a lot higher, meaning if his 90 day went out and he wanted to sell the card he would sell it for more. If the guy has enough money to buy a $500+ GPU, he has enough to buy a new monitor. He clearly does not care about the price as he stated that and plus he does want a 295. For future reasons the 295 is the way to go, dont have to agree with me, i dont care just get off my case. I am not saying the core 216 sli setup sucks, cause it doesnt, im just saying the 295 is a lot more future proof which is what he is going for
Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #39
Fully Optimized
 
Holysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,692
Default Re: 260 vs 295?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
lol your missing the point, he trying to say that the 295 is way to powerful, and im telling him that the core 216's in sli are almost as powerful, so you should go and read a little better.

are you talking about yourself in the third person?
__________________
Let's get this party started, I'm sick of begging you You make me dead inside which I give to you
Let's get this party started, You make me feel inside I want to be the one to make myself sane
Holysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #40
Daemon Poster
 
Techmaster05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 855
Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05
Default Re: 260 vs 295?

ok he was saying the 295 is way to powerful and hes telling him to go with the core 216 sli setup im guessing and im saying that those are almost as powerful as the 295, so why is he saying the 295 is way to powerful and the core 216 sli setup is not when its almost just as powerful.
__________________

Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0