2300 Budget for New Computer

Oo...I guess I forgot to check that. Well...OP:

Try to look for the stuff I have posted (assuming you like my build). Post the parts you could not find, and we'll find a good replacement from tigerdirect for it.

Omg, this forum is amazeing! You guys are so helpful! (just joined today)

Im going to look around for these products and reviews. Also Cabbs by lapping do you mean adjusting with bios?

And, with that monitor, is it good enough for my card?

Oh, and I dont know if i should get vista. I have it on my laptop and its really irritateing.

Lapping: It's when you sand down the heatsink base to become flatter thus more effectively transmit heat along with the thermal compound.

If the monitor is going to be 1-2ft away from you, you won't need anything bigger than a 24" and that's stretching it.

Lastly, I would get Vista. It has support for DX10 unlike XP. You will just need to learn the tricks. Takes time.

edit: The monitor will be good enough for the card.

Omg, this forum is amazeing! You guys are so helpful! (just joined today)

Im going to look around for these products and reviews. Also Cabbs by lapping do you mean adjusting with bios?

And, with that monitor, is it good enough for my card?

Oh, and I dont know if i should get vista. I have it on my laptop and its really irritateing.
A 24" monitor should be perfect.

I'd say try to stick with Vista. The reason is, Vista can use DirectX 10, while XP does not. DX10 is basically a more advanced graphics interface, and all the latest games use it. The games will still work in XP, but they'll look better in Vista.

Russel. Because I didn't know you needed the whole deal, you might want to take Freestyler's advice and get the 9800GX2. It will more than suit your needs. However you can keep the processor. It's one of the fastest quad-cores out there.

You won't need a sound card though. That $135 will be going to waste. Personally, motherboard audio is enough. Specially on such a high quality board I suggested you.

You won't need a sound card though. That $135 will be going to waste. Personally, motherboard audio is enough. Specially on such a high quality board I suggested you.

That depends on what kind of audio equipment you have. If you have a nice set of speakers and a sub, I would definitely get a sound card if you listen to music a lot.

That depends on what kind of audio equipment you have. If you have a nice set of speakers and a sub, I would definitely get a sound card if you listen to music a lot.

True, but $135 on a sound card? You can get some nice ones for much less.

Back
Top Bottom