22" screen... new videocard needed!

kyleman999

Daemon Poster
So I just picked up a 22" Acer wide screen for 270$ cnd. Yay! It's replacing my 17" view sonic... all LCDs ofcourse. And I go to play some counterstrike... wow its wonderful. Expect for the fact that the raised resolution is killing my videocard. On everything on low... I get average 30 FPS. It's playable but none the less anoying. I was wondering if you guys could recommend me a card that could handle such high resolution, 1600X1000.... My specs are in my sig. Yes I know, I'm old! but hey, she still plays battlefield and cs:s no problem. I'm trying not to spend too much money , because of how oldschool my system really is.

thanks!

i suggest you upgrade your card - the 6600 is pretty damn old for todays' standards (granted, it did have a very long life time).

if u just want great DX9 performance, get a 7800-7950. or an XFX 7600GT (it performs like a 7800 cuz its factory OC'd and souped up).

i'd recommend XFX cards cuz theyre damn fast and quite cheap.
go to Newegg, narrow it down to DX9 AGP cards, sort by best rating, and you'll see my 7600GT comes in first :D .

you have a good processor tho, much better than my ghetto 3GHz P4 (HT)

Back
Top Bottom