Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-18-2007, 06:11 AM   #21
Daemon Poster

Default Re: 22" LCD Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Well I know your 2005FPW uses the LG.Philips panel because the Apple 20" Cinema Display uses the same panel.

Samsung, Dell and NEC are definately the godfathers of LCD and CRT monitors. So awesome.

man who the hell hasnt used samsung, they're the world leaders of lcd manufacturing. nec is overpriced 95% of the time. at least dell, despite whatever criticism one may have, has competitive pricing.

Zaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #22
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
I thought Dell used LG.Philips LCD panels. Hmm...well I think they're going to use Samsung panels for the new upcoming 27" Dell UltraSharp Widescreen monitors.
with dell monitors you have to look at the model number as they don't have one dedicated supplier, they buy from the lowest bidder so you have to look at your monitor in particular cos for instance i have a 17" crt made by phillips but my friend has a 17" made by LG cos he bought his earlier than mine

Old 01-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #23
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki
man who the hell hasnt used samsung, they're the world leaders of lcd manufacturing. nec is overpriced 95% of the time. at least dell, despite whatever criticism one may have, has competitive pricing.
Yup, Samsung offers good quality for great pricing.

I agree with NEC though. They are VERY overpriced, but if you ask me, they have the crispest, clearest and the best looking LCD panels in the market. They're insanely nice, it's just a shame it comes with a price premium.

Dell monitors are way better than their computers if you ask me. The quality is very nice and the design is pretty neat too. Now they're starting to get fairly competitive with their pricing as well.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #24
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Yup, Samsung offers good quality for great pricing.

I agree with NEC though. They are VERY overpriced, but if you ask me, they have the crispest, clearest and the best looking LCD panels in the market. They're insanely nice, it's just a shame it comes with a price premium.

Dell monitors are way better than their computers if you ask me. The quality is very nice and the design is pretty neat too. Now they're starting to get fairly competitive with their pricing as well.
yeah I remember seeing a 20inch nec monitor playing bf2 at bestbuy, and it was gorgeous.

dell really should use an alias when they sell their new monitors because even though the monitors are nice, i do not want to look at the logo of a company which forced us to listen to "dude, you're gettin a dell" for so long.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:47 PM   #25
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Copperhead

im kind of leaning towards the chimei. really good reviews. high brightness and contrast ratio. it looks like itd be crisp and not many people have gotten dead pixels.

would that be a good choice?..

(i did look at the dells. the new 22" has really bad reviews and the 20" is a good deal for 250 but i want a 22". my mom has a dell and it's really nice tho. a 19" fullscreen.)
Old 01-19-2007, 12:30 AM   #26
Fully Optimized

I have a Chimei myself and all I can say is.
ITS AWESOME!
Old 01-22-2007, 01:32 AM   #27
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Copperhead

Well I just ordered the ViewSonic. I liked the adjustments, and it was a good price plus really good reviews.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:41 AM   #28
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki
yeah I remember seeing a 20inch nec monitor playing bf2 at bestbuy, and it was gorgeous.

dell really should use an alias when they sell their new monitors because even though the monitors are nice, i do not want to look at the logo of a company which forced us to listen to "dude, you're gettin a dell" for so long.
Personally I could care less about the brand name, just as long as it performs great and doesn't cost me a fortune.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #29
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Personally I could care less about the brand name, just as long as it performs great and doesn't cost me a fortune.
"dude you're gettin' a dell!"
Old 01-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #30
Golden Master

Haha, no one even says that anymore. I used to hate Dell computers too, but now I realize that they're actually not THAT bad.