22" LCD Monitor

yeah i currently have a 19inch lcd on dvi, im planning on putting it over to vga once i get the 22" and putting the 22 on dvi so it looks good

i just wanna get some opinions and see what most people think will be the clearest picture and best monitor

Copperhead said:
yeah i currently have a 19inch lcd on dvi, im planning on putting it over to vga once i get the 22" and putting the 22 on dvi so it looks good

i just wanna get some opinions and see what most people think will be the clearest picture and best monitor

I would go to a best buy and see if you can get to see on of the monitors in action.

Then make your decision.

Copperhead said:
yeah i saw dell's new 22" but i read a lot of problems that it has. bleeding and discoloring n stuff.

what does ur friend think of the chimei?

Ehh, the occasionally have problems. Most of the Dell monitors I've seen and heard about are pretty damn good. Ask Ownage...he has the Dell UltraSharp 2004FPW.

I haven't asked him about the Chimei yet. Not sure when he's getting it.

CompMan said:
Make sure you use the Dvi input and output on your video card, i use that and you can def. notice a huge difference.

I see no difference. I have one on DVI and one on VGA, I don't see a difference in either one of them. It's still nice to have a monitor that supports both though.

viewsonic....no never again with their monitors. RMA department is lacking. They have a 1 month turn around policy. To me, that is a ridiculous amount of time and it is unacceptable. Samsung makes very nice panels which are used in the Dell monitors i believe. My 2005FPW is very very nice, i love it. The colors are vibrant and the text is crisp. Use DVI if you can. Makes it look a lot better.

I thought Dell used LG.Philips LCD panels. Hmm...well I think they're going to use Samsung panels for the new upcoming 27" Dell UltraSharp Widescreen monitors. :D

Samsung/Dell are like, the god of monitors, be it CRT or LCD.

Someday i'll get one, get a nice kvm switch, and hook up my PC and an XBox360.

alvino said:
I thought Dell used LG.Philips LCD panels. Hmm...well I think they're going to use Samsung panels for the new upcoming 27" Dell UltraSharp Widescreen monitors. :D

AFAIK, Dell always used Samsung, maybe LG.Philips on some lower end models. But definitely Samsungs on higher end.

Well I know your 2005FPW uses the LG.Philips panel because the Apple 20" Cinema Display uses the same panel.

Samsung, Dell and NEC are definately the godfathers of LCD and CRT monitors. So awesome.

ownage said:
viewsonic....no never again with their monitors. RMA department is lacking. They have a 1 month turn around policy. To me, that is a ridiculous amount of time and it is unacceptable. Samsung makes very nice panels which are used in the Dell monitors i believe. My 2005FPW is very very nice, i love it. The colors are vibrant and the text is crisp. Use DVI if you can. Makes it look a lot better.
yeah. i have 3 viewsonic monitors, and all of them have been great, in fact their customer service was nice too, however i've never had to rma anything, so i cant say about that.

samsung would be my next choice, and dell as a close follower.

But from the ones that you posted id go with the acer, it has hdcp.

Back
Top Bottom