2 x 500GB Hitachi HDD - JBOD-connection - one broken

kantaloop

Beta member
Dear Community,

I have a problem with my Harddiscs. I have 2 x 500GB Hitachi HDD (model: HDT725050VLAT80) which have a JBOD connection. The harddiscs were formatted with TrueCrypt.

Now one of that harddiscs has a headcrash and cannot used anymore. Now I want to recover the data from the second one. When I try to connect the HDD the system recognizes it but TrueCryp say this is not a valid TrueCrypt volume.

What can I do to mount it with TrueCrypt and to recover the data?

Thanks in advance

Kantaloop

If you're using the drives as a JBOD setup, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to access that data, but if TrueCrypt can't see the drive, this is a question you need to direct to the makers of TrueCrypt, unless someone here uses it and knows the answer. I don't do drive or firmware level encryption on my things, and the limited experience I have with it isn't with recovery. But you should be OK on that second drive, it's just getting TC to read it.

I got it. Used a program called TestCrypt which found the encoded partition. The second problem now is that the mounted volume shows 1TB capacity (physical 500GB) and 90% of the folders and files are not accessible due to that.
Is there any way to copy a recalculated and corrected data structure to a separate HDD?

Back
Top Bottom