2 Video Cards in 2 months

ranma274

Solid State Member
A few months ago my Graphics card 1GB (Nvidia GT-8500) broke down. Firstly it showed some lines on my screen and then some kind of multi-colored cubes so i had already expected it to break down in some point, which it did after a few weeks.

So after it broke down i took my Sister's ATI graphics card it was also 1Gb ddr2 (I forgot it's specifics), but after a few weeks it also showed the same problems with my other video card and it also eventually broke down. This video card was already old since the desktop already came from our uncle which was only given to my sister. I just don't know how old it really is.

I have only been using the VGA port for them since the DMI in my monitor got broken. I was using an external KTV TV box and was alternating the VGA connecting from my cpu to the external TV box. Does this have any effect on my video cards? or is there any problem with my motherboard slot? or any ideas please?

MoBo: Intel DG31PR (DDR2)
CPU: Dual-Core CPU E5200 2.5GHz
Ram: Kingston 2gb DDR2
Memory: 300gb
V-Card:Intel G33/31
Power Supply: 600w

I'm not much of a heavy gamer, i usually play games like Diablo II Warcraft and some light photo editing.
This has become a great problem with me since i'm afraid to purchase a new video card since i really don't know whats happening to them.

Either the power supply or I think it's like he said about the airflow. Have you ever cleaned it? Like with compressed air? It's about 6-10bucks and it lasts about 5 cleans (depending). You should clean all fans, including on and around the CPU.

Back
Top Bottom