Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-31-2005, 03:14 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default 2 things I really need help with

well the first is:
My old computer used to disconnect from my dial-up connection when ever we recieved a phone call(we have call waiting), but my new computer wont do it. My isp isnt v.92 compatible so netwaiting only tells me when I recieve a call, but wont disconnect me. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I could change my modem so that I'll be disconnected on incoming calls.

and 2:
There are multiple user's on this computer, and I'm the only administrator. I wanted to know if there is anyway I could find the passwords for the other accounts, maybe in the registry or something, just incase my little brothers forget their passwords. neither of them will tell me the passwords.

Thanks you

blacksonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:20 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: 2 things I really need help with

First, that comes with the ISP software.
Secondly, i could tell you an easy way to get around passwords, to change them, but, im not going to until somehow you prove that you will be doing it for your brothers just incase.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:42 AM   #3
Beta Member

Well sorry but I haven't the slightest clue as how to prove to you that its for my little brothers just in case, all I can say is that I have the administrator account because they have a bad habit of messing with files they shouldn't. My one brother is 7 and my other is 12, and neither of them are any good at using computers, so every time they log on, I have to help them. They ask me to do things like change their wallpaper for them, but I'm not always around when their on, I'm ussually on very late, after their asleep. I have no reason to mess with their accounts, I already have the only administrator account, and they're 7 and 12, what kind of personal information could they possibly have on a computer they barely know how to use?
Old 12-31-2005, 03:43 AM   #4
Beta Member

Also, I dont have the ISP software anymore, I setup a dial-up connection manually.