2 Psu?

I got a 8800GT (well...its safely wrapped under the tree) but I have a crap stock PSU. I am gonna get a nice 650 Rosewill one later, but for now, I was wondering if I could have one power supply power everything, but then have a separate power supply just for the videocard? Just to make sure it has enough juice.
Also, what the are consiqences (sp?) of under powering a computer. Will the power supply just blow? I have had that happen to me before, no harm was done to the computer, just the psu. Or will it just reboot?

Is there any chance that by having a crappy psu, I could harm the hardware in my case? The one have right now is 450wts and only 1 rail I believe.

Thanks - Cody

NOOOOO!!!!! dont get the peice of shit 650watt rosewill, DONT DO IT THEY SUCK!!!! ive already burned out 2!!!

How do you get the power to the card? Doesn't the card draw power directly from the logic board?

It requires a 6 pin PCI-E connection from the PSU.
14-130-301-08.jpg

Oh, I see.

Just wait it out. Unless the power supplies are both the same, there could be power differences that might short out your video card.

Not sure, but that's how I view it.

♂ÇRÅßßÿ®;716906 said:
Oh, sorry. I am not getting the crappy 650wtt silver one. I am getting the 600wt black one. Sorry, yah, the silver ones do have really bad reviews.

there both crappy, i have the black one, just dont get it, youll regret it SOOO much.

Back
Top Bottom